Chapter eight

Hi everyone! I'm back after a hard time trying to make my life useful. Oh well no one needs me anyway so I might as well get this published.

"The fault in our stars? Really?" James asked as Vanessa inserted the disc inside the DVD player.
"Why?"
"It's a sad story. How they were so happy but then Augustus dies at the end."
"Aw you cry during the movie too?" Vanessa cuddled up next to him on the couch, pulling w blanket over them.
"Who said real men don't cry?"
"That's why I love you."

"James? Oh no."
Vanessa lifted her head to see a sleeping James next to her, his hand holding the blanket. She stroked his hair softly thinking he looks so innocent. She stood up softly to not wake him up, pulling the blankets higher on him.
"Hey Nessie we're home!" Ethan along with Emma burst in the door. Nessie is the nickname Ethan loved calling her.
"Shh!" Vanessa ran over pressing a finger to her lips. She pointed at the couch.
"James?" Emma whispered with a smirk.
"Who's James? The soccer player?" Ethan joked.
"Uh yes the soccer player actually. Have you ever wanted to see him sleep?" Vanessa quietly led them to the couch.
James slept peacefully, his chest rising and going back down with every breath he took.
"He's cute-"
Vanessa threw Emma a look.
"Sorry." She raised her hands up and left. Ethan looked down.
"Could I have his autograph?!"
"Not right now!"
"Well yeah but-"
"Go! Let him sleep. Go or else I'll lock you in the dryer." Vanessa threatened. She had never threatened anyone like that but there's always a first time for everything.
Ethan smirked before leaving.

Ethan came back into the living room before Vanessa did so he had James all to himself. To joke on, make a prank....
Or simply upload a picture of the Real Madrid player sleeping on Instagram.
Ethan whipped his phone out putting it on camera and taking a picture of sleeping James.
"Let's see what my friends think now." Ethan laughed quietly leaving back to his room.
-
-
-
"Ugh." Vanessa poked her head inside the fridge, feeling hungry. The only thing she found was whipped cream. She took off the lid before grabbing a small bowl and pouring whipped cream inside. James decided to walk in.
"Oh my god you look like hell."
James instead of answering to her comment looked at the bowl in her hands.
"Whipped cream?" She asked slowly.
He felt dizzy and nauseous so said no.
"I feel like hell." He admitted.
"Aw I'll take care of you." She said as he came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.
"How?" He whispered in her ear. She shivered a little.
"Go to the couch and I'll bring you something warm. You look cold."
"Yeah what is up with the weather?"
"And you're wearing sweats but are still cold?"
"But I get cold very easily!" James outed.
"I know. I still love you though." Vanessa picked up the can of whipped cream and sprayed cream all over James' lips.
"It's cold!" He kept the cream from falling on the floor, licking his lips.
"Did that wake you up?"
"You're so mean." He joked.
"You still love me." Vanessa smirked.
"Forever. No matter how many times you hurt me."
"Stop, you're making me cry." Vanessa felt tears building up in her eyes. He was so cute.
James smiled shrugging.
"I am known as the heartbreaker to my teammates."
"You are. Really a heart stealer. Because you stole my heart."
"In my heart fit my parents, my teammates because they're basically my brothers but you don't. Because you are my heart." James said with a his heart stealing smile.
"Oh please stop. You're too perfect for me." Vanessa bit her lip. She was never loved in this way. No one had ever told her stuff like this, not even Jacob.
"Please, I have the most perfect person standing in front of me."
"I love you." Vanessa couldn't find another way of saying it.
"No I love you."
"Sure but I love you more."
"Not true, I love you more."
"No I love you to the moon."
"Oh really? I love you to the moon and back. Top it." James crossed his arms over his chest waiting for her comeback. When she didn't respond, he raised his hands up in victory.
"I win. I love you more than anyone has ever loved anyone else."
"But I still love you." Vanessa wrapped her arms around him not caring who won. Their love was real. It didn't matter who topped the I love you contest between them, they still loved each other a lot. And that's all that mattered.

Ethan laid his head on the pillow looking at his Facebook notifications.
"Yes I'm getting so many likes on James' picture. Gee I love my future brother in law already." He told himself. Emma opened the door to his bedroom before shoving her phone in Ethan's face.
"What's this picture of a sleeping James? Did you really-"
"Yep. Because I'm a bad guy who doesn't take orders from his guardian. I'm now a rebel." Ethan poked out his tongue.
"If Vanessa finds out she will kill you. No, James will."
Ethan shrugged turning off his phone and turning on his play station.
"I don't care he can't hurt me. I'm going to play my games now get outta here." He shoved Emma out of his room and slammed the door before starting his game.

Emma stared at James from a distance. The way he looked at Vanessa. The way he talked, the way he smiled, laughed, how he did everything.
"He's so perfect." She sighed leaning against the wall.
James looked up for a second seeing Emma on the wall and bit his lip. What's with her?
Emma looked back at him and smiled. He saw suspiciousness in her eyes. What she was thinking. He did a small smile so that Vanessa wouldn't see it. But he had to be careful around Emma.
Emma was determined to steal James away from Vanessa. She wanted him more than anything. More than what Vanessa would ever love him. Or at least that's what she thought.
When James turned around Emma sighed.
"You will be mine. I don't care how long it takes, what the price is. You will be mine."