Chapter twelve

"Please be nice to her. She's shy and beautiful and I don't want you to throw this off for me." James begged his teammates.
"Fine." Cristiano rolled his eyes at Marcelo and Bale. Benzema nodded in agreement.
They would be teasing James for life now.
Well until he married the girl.
"Fine. We will not do anything." Marcelo crossed his heart. Bale rolled his eyes at his move.
No need for that Marcelo, we're only meeting a girl.
"Vanessa?" James left the locker room. Cristiano immediately stood up and left laughing.
"This is going to be great." He muttered. He saw Javier (Chicharito) Hernandez in the hallway alone.
"So..." Cristiano tried making conversation with the only normal person.
Javier peered up from messing with his watch.
"What?"
"You heard about the new girl James is bringing?"
Javier shrugged and went back to pressing the button on his watch, making it beep.
"I don't care. I already have a girlfriend but I don't bring her or else you might flirt with her or something."
Cristiano threw his arms up exasperated. What's wrong with these people?
"No I would not! First Javier, you don't have a girlfriend-"
"Hey!" Javier tried sticking up for himself but he wasn't even believing himself.
Okay my plan failed. I don't have a girlfriend! He thought.
"And second I do not flirt with every girl I find!" Cristiano turned back and went with the rest of the guys, Javier following.
He saw that next to James was a girl with dark hair looking nervously at everyone.
When I said I wouldn't flirt with any girl, this did not include the beautiful girl in front of me.
Cristiano leaned against the wall gazing at the girl who was Vanessa.
Javier had the same thing in mind when he saw her.
Her eyes are this brown color that makes it the most beautiful eyes I've seen.
"Cristiano?" Someone waved a hand in front of him, making the thoughts of Vanessa float away.
"What's with him?" Someone else asked.
"Training people! Let's go!" Ancelotti stopped further conversation and urged the team to go outside.

Cristiano kicked the ball, hitting the top post. Iker shot him a dirty look as he went for the ball.
"Are you thinking the same thing I am?" Javier suddenly popped out of nowhere.
Cristiano jumped a little.
"Dude stop scaring me like that." He looked down at the smaller player.
Javier rolled his eyes. He knew he was short but Cristiano could stop being rude.
"Anyway what am I thinking?" Cristiano asked crossing his arms. Javier smiled.
"Well about your teammate's girlfriend. Oh that sounds like a nice soap opera. The Girlfriend of my Brother! How lovely."
Cristiano shook his head at Javier's comment and patted his head.
"Boy, you read too many fanfictions."
Javier's jaw dropped. Fanfics? As in romantic girl stories? With kissing and scenes where....
"Excuse me but why would I read about myself?" He asked. Cristiano shook his head. It was obvious that he had more fanfics online than this little......
Guy. That's the word.
"Little brother, you have a lot to learn. But you'll one day be like me."
Javier blinked. What was that supposed to mean?
He saw Vanessa standing alone in one side of the field.
This was his chance. He hadn't been able to introduce himself to her so he decided that it was now or never.
"Hi." He stood next to her. She looked up nervously.
"Hi." She said quietly.
"You're pretty." He quickly cursed his mind for letting himself say that.
She stopped but then continued walking.
"Thanks. Not very many people think that but okay."
How could she not see it?
"So you and James huh?"
Why? Why James and not me? Why would you go with him. I mean sure the advantage is that he's younger than me.
But taller.
Which is honestly not fair.
"Oh yes. I love him."
Ouch. She just stabbed me.
"How did you get his attention?"
Vanessa stopped, making eye contact with Javier.
"Simple. He scared me when I was going to my car. He started talking but wasn't in front of me so I got freaked out by the voice out in the darkness."
"Oh. Seems like him. So what ethnicity are you?"
Vanessa looked back down.
"Mexican but born in the United States. I lived in Mexico for a while with my dad but then came to Spain because this is where I have always wanted to live."
"Oh so you're my sister. Hi hermanita."(little sister). Javier extended his arms pulling Vanessa into a hug. They awkwardly hugged as someone cleared their throat.
"Go away James." Javier held Vanessa tighter in his arms.
Vanessa looked up alarmed.
He's gonna kill me. James is going to stab me when he gets the chance.

"Don't worry. I know you're just meeting each other." James opened a water bottle.

Yeah, way better than you think. Javier thought with a smirk on his face.
"Okay it's been five minutes." James poked Javier's arms.
"I'm not ticklish so good luck with that."
James' jaw dropped. I see what your plan is. I see. I can't trust anyone.
Not even Vanessa since she hasn't even moved this whole time.
Of course everyone hurts me.
Vanessa struggled to break free but the grip was too tight for her to move.
"Okay Javier that was a nice long hug."
But Javier didn't loosen the hug.
I'm not letting you go.
Never.
Ever.