Chapter seven

"Since they're not coming out...." Vanessa knocked on the door for the millionth time. She knew she should've never came inside the apartment building to see what excuse Kennedy and Brooklyn made up.
"Why wait for them? Let's go on our first date instead." James smiled. Vanessa looked back at the door. This had been a trap hadn't it? They were watching her reaction through the stupid peep hole in the door.
"Fine. At least you can't leave now that I have you." Vanessa turned around heading for the elevators.
"You're not getting rid of me. I'll be with you forever." James held her arm, preventing her from walking faster then him.
"Why would I ever get rid of you?" Vanessa asked as she pressed the button on the elevator.
"You'll hurt me."
"Never. I hurt you, I'm hurting myself. You get hurt, I get hurt. How can I prove it to you?" Vanessa held his hand tightly.
James instead of answering puckered his lips.
"Jeez aren't you needy?" Vanessa pressed her lips to his. He smiled in the kiss before kissing back. They deepened the kiss as the elevator beeped, opening the doors.
The flashes of cameras was what broke them apart.
"Damn it." James cursed covering his face.
"Stay behind me. I'll cover you." Vanessa stepped out first, letting her hair down to help cover James.
"We'll get through this. We'll get through this. Almost there."
James stayed close to her, ducking down. Finally they got to the doors only to see more paparazzi.
"We're trapped." Vanessa sighed shaking her head.
"Woman, you said we would get through this. Let's get this over with." James took her arm and opened the door making his way through the screaming paparazzi.
"Don't get your picture taken. Don't even look up. I don't want girls trying to murder you." He whispered. She nodded obeying. A reporter tried stopping them but James pushed his way past them.
"Marcelo, Bale, Cristiano, Iker, all of them must've told them." James muttered. He suddenly stopped and turned to face the paparazzi.
"Let's give them what they want. Both of them." He pulled her in for another kiss. The flashes of cameras were heard.
"His new girlfriend!"
"How long have you been going out?"
"Will you both marry?"
James smiled in the kiss at the question. When they pulled away instead of answering the paparazzi's questions they left back to the car as quickly as they could.
"Weird that question though." Vanessa said getting in the front passenger seat.
"Yes. Must've been my teammates' plan to tell those reporters that I was coming here." James turned on the car, driving away before the reporters could follow them.
"Do they really do that?"
"Yes. Sometimes I want to punch them but other times I wouldn't want to trade them for another team."
Vanessa bit her lip. She had realized this but didn't say anything.
"It's weird James. You have like these different attitudes towards everyone."
James looked at her confused.
"I do?"
"Talking about the teammates makes you act weird. Like angry then happy then frustrated and annoyed but then thankful and glad to have them. With those reporters just gentle but I know you want to yank their heads off. You give everyone the impression that you're innocent and caring and look like an angel."
"And with you?" He asked with his beautiful smile on.
"I don't know. So loving and sweet. I don't even know how to explain."
"So I am basically a color? I have different shades of myself." James asked. Vanessa nodded before coming up with the perfect title.
"50 shades of yourself. 50 shades of James."