Chapter seventeen

Vanessa's eyelids flew open. She had a massive headache but she got up anyway.
She waited for some kind of sign to show if she was alone in the house or not.
When she heard nothing she decided to get her plan started. She looked around the room for something to unlock her door.
Nothing much was in sight. Vanessa dug her hands in her pockets for anything. She pulled out two bobby pins, a hair tie, earphones, and a quarter.
Where did all of this come from?
She took the things and tried making some object to unlock the door. She grabbed the bobby pins and used them as keys.
Vanessa, focus. No pressure but don't move it. Just turn it and don't move it out of place.
She turned it but nothing happened. She didn't have anything else that was small enough to fit through the lock.
Something then caught her eye in the closet.
A hanger.
Hangers with clothes on them were on the rack. Wow these kidnappers should've thought better. Vanessa stood up and began running until she felt dizziness. She held onto a night stand for support. She grabbed a hanger taking off the shirt on it. She looked down and saw shoe boxes.
CR7.
She gasped grabbing a shoe. What was that kind of shoe doing in this room?
Unless it was Cristiano's house.
Or a fan.
But a smart kidnapper would've not left that there.
Ignoring the thought, she went back to the lock.
Okay same process. Turn it don't move it.
The door unlocked to Vanessa's surprise.
She smiled happily, dropping the hanger.
Opening the door to her freedom she ran until someone grabbed her arm.
"Where do you think you're going?"

Javier shook his head out of thoughts.
"James." He poked him on the stomach.
James stared blankly at the ceiling, lost in thought.
"James," Javier waved a hand. "You're paler than usual."
James took that as an insult and glared at Javier.
"Disculpa?"
"Perdón. But you gotta stop acting like this. She'll come back." Javier assured.
"Why should I act like then? Happy?" James snapped.
"Okay Casillas I think I need you." Javier dialed Iker. He was the only one who could help James.
Iker drove quickly over to James's place, worried.
He hated seeing his teammates suffer so he tried comforting them as much as he could. Of course there were times where he couldn't do much but most times he always knew what to do.
Javier answered the door when Iker knocked. He came in and went over to James.
"Tell me. " Iker simply said.
"What?"
"What's wrong with you?"
James shrugged avoiding eye contact.
"James don't make me call you the nickname. I hate it as much as you do."
James took a deep breath before beginning to tell him everything.
"Okay look she'll come back. You being like this just brings everyone down. You gotta keep your hopes up. We can only wait if she doesn't say where she's at. You don't benefit if you stay like this. She'll come back but in the meantime yohu have to take care of yourself and stop your depression. Javier tell him Vanessa will come back." Iker looked at Javier for support.
Javier could only nod.
"That still doesn't bring her back to me. " James looked up, his eyes becoming glossy.
"But keep your hopes up and have in mind the thought that she will appear. It's been a day. Please stop this depression."
"But I can't." James felt a sudden pain in his head. He closed his eyes, wincing.
"Are you okay?" Iker laid a hand on James's shoulder.
He shook his head, standing up.
"I'm okay."
Javier bit his lip when he saw him.
"James you're turning pale."
James gave him a dirty look.
"Isn't that what you said a while ago?" He placed a hand on his forehead, wincing.
"Well now you're... Even paler. Do you need a pill?"
"No. I'm ok-" James collapsed on the floor with no warning.

"What are you talking about?" Vanessa played dumb with the masked person.
"Oh girl I know what you have in mind."
"Well what is that?"
"Well first you want to get out of here and run to the nearest phone and dial 911. Then....."
He went on but Vanessa backed up to the counter, grabbing the decorator vase. She smiled. If she could get the guy to turn around, she could smash the vase and run away.
Someone slammed the door in the hallway unexpectedly. Vanessa's eyes widened. The other person was here? She thought it was only one person she had to get rid of.
This would be harder than she thought.
The kidnapper turned around and Vanessa smashed the vase on his head.
I'm sorry stranger but I have to. If you don't let me free, I will.
She then took the opportunity and ran as fast as she could out the door and into the unknown.