Chapter 5: Research

LOCATION: Academy of Espionage

Zoe's Dorm Room

TIME: 12:06 PM

DATE: Saturday, July 3rd

POV: Agent Zoe Zibbell
______________________________

I went to my dorm room and checked if anyone was watching. Then, I closed the door behind me and put my computer on my desk. I turned it on and searched up www.soldats.com. It showed a fake description on SOLDATS, their "goals", and the same JOIN NOW button. 

I typed in a bunch of code. I also added the code:

;signin_agent_gabriel_ruston

Then, the computer glitched and froze. Then, it featured the same website with the name Gabriel. 

I scrolled down and clicked on the first category: TARGETS AND OPERATIONS PAGE 1. The computer then presented a whole list of names and files. 

"Special priorities," I whispered to myself.

I looked for the button. When I found it, I clicked on it and it showed a list of names. Many of which are celebrities, presidents, agents, and more.

I kept scrolling down, looking at each file. Then one caught my eye. I saw the word Benjamin for a second. I went back up and looked again. 

Then, I felt all my blood drain out of me. Ben was a target. Target 1317. 

I clicked on Ben. The screen showed his file. I saw a link. It was a link to something called the Academy of Espionage Targets. I clicked on it.

The screen showed everyone in the Academy of Espionage.  Ben (Target 1317), Me (Target 803), Mike (Target 514), and Erica (Target 3178) were included as well. We were all targets.

I needed to let everyone else know. For now, I clicked on OPERATIONS. A list of operation names and the descriptions for them were presented. There was Operation Blackout, Operation 34e, Operation Leopard Shark, Operation Blue Z, and Operation Domination.

The question was, which of these operations is SOLDATS launching? 

I bookmarked this page and moved on to the next. CLASSES AND SOLDATS PAGE 2

I clicked on it. My screen then displayed a page of CLASSES. It had the following description:

CLASSES are used for identification of lower class agents. Such as Agent _____Class 1. Agents can vary to different classes depending on age, skill, and knowledge. Different classes also get allowances to different equipment, or different sectors of the building, or different residence room. Prepping for classes will be mentioned in a different category. 

I finished reading and went to Agent Classes.

I clicked on Class 1. It featured both a kid and an adult. The kid wears nothing but their clothes and yellow badge. The adult wears yellow-lensed glasses and their clothes.

Class 2 features a kid wearing a green jacket and a yellow badge. The adult wears black glasses , headphones, a green jacket, and black pants with yellow stripes on the side. Similar to the one Ben saw.

Class 3 displays a kid wearing yellow glasses, and black pants with yellow stripes on the side. The adult is wearing a black military helmet, a vest, and black pants with yellow stripes.

Then next up was SOLDAT Agents. I clicked on it. A description presented itself:

SOLDATS are is an elite unit that are much better than regular class agents. Instead of classes, they come with SOLDAT in their name. Such as,  Agent _____ SOLDAT 1. SOLDATS get access to all sectors of the building. Depending on their age, skill, loyalty, and knowledge, they get different equipment and residences. Prepping for a SOLDAT will be mentioned in a different category.

Then I went to SOLDAT Classes. I clicked on SOLDAT Class 1.

It featured a kid who was wearing yellow paintball goggles. The adult had the same kind of goggles and wore a black jacket with a belt wrapped around his body from his shoulder.

I inspected SOLDAT Class 2. It presented a kid wearing a black jacket, black pants with yellow stripes on the side. He also wore a mask similar to those of a paintball mask. It had a red visor. The adult wore an eyepiece that was yellow. He also wore a black uniform with a belt wrapped around him.

In SOLDAT Class 3, a kid was wearing a yellow-visor mask and a black jacket. On the collar of his jacket is a yellow staple. He also wore the same black pants with the yellow stripes on the side. The adult wore the same mask and jacket, except, he had a radio on his shoulder.

I was finally done with this page, so I went on the final category. TRAINING AND PREPARATIONS PAGE 3.

I clicked on it. It showed the following: 

SOLDATS Training Facility AKA Richard Weston Physics Academy is a training facility for agents who have been recruited. It allows agents who are 13 and up, and its goal is to convert failed agents. into MS (Mindless SOLDAT) Subject. Those who made it to SOLDAT tier will keep their consciousness. MS Subjects will be trained to fight, retain, and to have better intelligence if possible. From there, they will be tested. They will be competing in airsoft matches for accuracy with weaponry and fighting skills. They will be put in a situation that requires better intelligence and they will be tested to see how good they are with retaining others.

PREPARATIONS

Agents who have joined SOLDATS will immediately be put to the test. If they fail, they will be converted. If they succeed. More tests will arrive. If they manage all of them, they will be either a SOLDAT or Class 3 agent and will keep their consciousness. 

Sooner or later, they will be tested of knowledge and other skills. We will also teach them more skills and test them on it. If they succeed they can move on to other classes.

That was all of the categories. There was so much information, I bookmarked them. I felt my my computer and it was hot. I closed it and squealed with delight. 

"Yes!" I shouted, "You think I'm a bad hacker? Think again!" Then I sighed and sat on my bed. 

Oh, right, got to let everyone know. Then I felt my phone buzz. I dug it out of my pocket and checked it. There was a text. It was from Mike. 

My heart flustered. Not that I like receiving a text from Mike or anything...it's just that I got a text and it could mean anything so...

I tapped on the text.

Hey there's assembly right now. Come on

I turned off my phone and went outside my room. A whole trail of people was leading to the assembly room. I followed them. 

I found myself sitting next to my friends.

"Hey," I said, "I need to talk to you."