Chapter 7: Party Time

LOCATION: Airport

TIME: 11:21 AM

DATE: Sunday, July 4th

POV: Agent Benjamin Ripley
_______________________________

The principal did a role call to check if everyone present. Once we were done, we lined up for out plane to D.C. As soon as we got scanned, we rushed to find our seats. I ended up with Erica (ironically) and Mike. Zoe looked uncomfortable with a baby next to her. She tried to make contact with Mike. They talked for a while. 

I looked at Erica awkwardly. She did the same. We averted eyes, but that kept falling back between us.

"So, uh...what do you want to talk about?" I asked her.

She pursed her lips and looked the other direction, "N-Not sure."

"Um, uh, okay," Was all that came out of my mouth.

It became really awkward after that. It was like talking to someone in an elevator. Then I finally asked her, "How's your cut?"

Erica touched her bandage, "It's uh, doing better."

I nodded. Then I felt the plane move. It steered to the runway. I heard the pilot on the intercom, "Alright, passengers, why don't you buckle up because we are about to take off. In case of an emergency, you may watch the safety video for instructions, thank you."

I heard the engines power up and the ground rumble. Then, after 3 minutes, we speeded down the runway. Then, we glided off the ground and flew into the air. 

The principal started to get scared, "No, what if we crash? I'm scared of heights!" He whined.

Alexander tried to calm him down, "Don't worry we're not going to crash. We'll be fine here. Unless if enemies try to hunt us down."

The principal whimpered.

That reminded me of something. I leaned in on Erica, "Hey, should we tell everyone about SOLDATS?"

Erica thought for a bit, "They'll know later. If they can't well, that's their problem. For now, we can't tell anybody. This is a delicate operation, we can't let anybody ruin it. Otherwise SOLDATS might do whatever they were going to do."

"What about SPYDER?" I asked.

"Well, what about it?" 

"We haven't heard from them, isn't that suspicious?"

Erica pursed her lips, "Uh, yeah. But, we'll figure it out later."

Great, I thought to myself, now there are two organizations coming after me.
_______________________________________________________________

LOCATION: Washington D.C 

Hyatt Place

TIME: 1:36 PM

DATE: Sunday, June 4th

POV: Agent Benjamin Ripley
__________________________

I put on my clothes and brushed my teeth. I took in a mint as well. Mike asked for one so I tossed one in the air. He caught it and popped it in his mouth.

Zoe and Erica were changing down stairs. So we had to wait for them. 

The principal walked into out room, "Guys, pick up the pace, we only have 20 minutes left!"

"Um, actually we have 34 minutes," I corrected.

"Hey, don't correct me, I know math!" He snapped back. I just shrugged.