Chapter 23: Car Chase

LOCATION: Conversion Factory

Storage Room

TIME: 1:10 PM

DATE: Sunday, July 11th

POV: Agent Erica Hale
_________________________________

I broke out of my cuffs as Ben got dragged away. The door shut and locked itself. I stared at it. But I was wasting more time, so I shook myself out of it. I then went to help my mom, dad, and grandpa unlock their cuffs.

They took off the tape on their mouths, "Alright, come on, we still have time. Uh, try to unlock this door," My mom looked for a way to open the door.

Through the bars, an MS Subjects layed in front of me. I reached for him, as I saw a keycard in his pocket. 

My friends saw what I was doing.

"Good thinking," Mike said. But, I didn't say anything. I was busy thinking about Ben. 

I grabbed the Subject's arm and dragged him closer to me. Then I reached in his pocket and pulled out his card. It featured his target number. 

I looked for the card reader. Once I did, I swiped the card. A whirring noise came on. Then the door opened. 

I felt my heart pump faster. I felt anxious and scared. My adrenaline pushing me forward.

"Wait, Erica!" My mom yelled as she uncuffed everyone. I ignored her. I walked to the vaulted door and unlocked it. SOLDATS stood beyond it. I tensed up then I fought them. They fell to the floor with broken masks.

Then the hallway turned red and an alarm rang. Two more SOLDATS burst in with IWI ACEs. But before they could fire, I kicked their guns away, and knocked them out.

"Erica!" Zoe yelled.

I turned around and saw everyone chase after me.

"Erica, you can't do this alone," My mom said.

"Well then come on!" I yelled.

"Erica, we'll be outnumbered! There's too many of them!" My dad said. He pointed to the SOLDATS outside the door (the glass was opaque). There were barely visible but I could see that they were heavily armed as well.

"But, I just need to..." I trailed off and looked down at my shoes, "I'm going in," I said later.

Everyone looked at me in surprise.

"No, Erica!" My mom tried to stop me, but I ran out.

I ran to a SOLDAT and used him as a body shield. I used his gun as my weapon. I fired at the SOLDATS as my body shield took in the bullets. Once I reached the door, I swiped my card, dropped the body, and ran out.

A drone flown in. I shot it down. Then, I hijacked a dune buggy. I drove it towards the principal's car. 

I heard another vehicle.

It was everyone else. 

"Erica, be careful, 'kay. We don't want-" My mom stumbled back into the car as a SOLDAT shot at us with a grenade launcher.

A grenade exploded and popped my wheel.

"Okay, I need to jump on your car!" I yelled, looking at my damaged wheel.

My dad nodded and extended his arms. I jumped and he caught me. Then he gave me a gun (IWI ACE).

I cocked it and fired at the car the principal was in.

"Shoot them! Shoot them!" He yelled. The SOLDAT nodded and loaded more grenades into his launcher.

I fired at him. He got hit in the head before pulling the trigger. His grenade launcher tumbled onto the floor. 

A drone flew in front of us and fired. I shot it down.

I crashed onto out car but then we swerved right, making the destroyed drone fall onto the floor.

I flinched as the drone exploded. Then I looked in front of me and fired again.

But a different dune buggy crashed in front of us. SOLDATS with LMGs opened fired. I fired back and so did my grandpa.

I shot down two enemies while my grandpa shot down the rest. I popped their tire and they flipped over.

The principal's car was visible again. I aimed my gun and pulled the trigger. And the bullet struck their tire. 

They flipped over and crashed. We parked near them.

I jumped out and ran to their car. I searched for Ben. But couldn't find him

"Looking for this idiot?" I heard a voice. 

I looked up and found out it was Joshua and his gang. Ashley was helping up the principal.

Joshua was holding Ben by the collar. He looked tired and wounded. He kept groaning and whispering my name.

"Ben! Let him go," I demanded.

Joshua laughed, "Why? I can finally get revenge on this brat!"

"I-you..." I didn't know what to say.

"Oh, speechless, are you?" Joshua smirked, "Let's see how you react when I do this! Oops!"

Then, he dropped Ben onto the conveyor belt and into the machine.

"No!" I tried to grab Ben. But it was too late. I couldn't save him.