Chapter 10: Put to the Test

LOCATION: Richard Weston Physics Academy

Outside

TIME: 8:28 AM

DATE: Wednesday, June 7th

POV: Agent Benjamin Ripley
_________________________________________

We were pulling up to the training facility and parked in front of the gates. I felt anxious in the stomach. 

I felt Erica put a hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry, we'll be okay," She gave me a reassuring smile.

I nodded and unbuckled myself and got out of the car. I memorized my file one more time and then took a deep breath.

"You guys ready?" Alexander asked from the driver seat.

"Yes!" Mike replied.

He nodded. We checked our earpieces, "Can anyone here me?" Alexander asked. Everyone gave a thumbs up to him. Then, we walked up to the gates of the academy. A man with a yellow eyepiece stood in front of it.

"Are you the new recruitments?" He asked.

We all nodded. 

"Give me your hand," He ordered.

I extended my hand first. He took it and stamped it with something. He did the same with everyone else.

"Alright, state your profile," He said as he took out a clipboard and looked at it.

I went first, "Max Ricotta, 15."

Erica went next, "Bella Vonsakd, 17."

Then Zoe, " Wendy Forman, 15."

Finally, Mike, "Jason Turner, 16."

The guard took one more look at the clipboard, "Alright, you may ent-"

He was cut off, a teenager dressed in black and wore a bandana shot him with a tranquillizer. He emerged from the bushes.

"Remember, this is just a test," Zoe said.

I nodded, readying a attack. Erica already went for it. She ran to the teenager and jumped onto him. She socked his stomach and and face. Then she knocked him out.

Erica then motioned for us to join her. We walked to her and she led us to the doors. She opened them and the academy looked similar to ours. The lights flickered a bit. The hallways looking abandoned.

This reminded me of when I first joined the Academy of Espionage. They put me to a test similar to this.

Erica looked around with a serious face on. She gingerly checked every corner. Then, all of a sudden, I heard a psst!

We looked at the direction of the noise.  A kid in wearing a black jacket, black pants with yellow stripes on the side, a black bandana, and yellow visor paintball goggles was behind a plant decor.

"Hey, over here!" He whispered-yelled.

We rushed over to him

"What's happening?" Erica played on.

"There's been a breach in the eastern side of the campus. Some agents are being held hostage in the outer rims of the academy. We need to get the out and extinguish the situation," Then he looked to the unconscious enemy.

"I see, you're pretty good at fighting," He said, "What was you're name?"

"Me?" Erica pointed to herself. The boy nodded. 

"My name's Bella," She used her undercover name. 

He nodded and walked through the hallway. Just then, two agents burst through a vent. They wore red visor paintball masks that covered their faces. The kid and Erica dashed towards them before they could have time to shoot their guns. Erica jumped on the foe. I helped her. I leg sweeped the enemy and he fell down. Erica stomped on his face, knocking him out and breaking the mask. The kid took care of the other agent.

Mike and Zoe snatched the guns and used them.

Then I heard a noise. I looked for the source and it was in a dark hallway.

"I'll go there and check it out," The kid said, "You guys, get to the saferoom."

Then he handed us a map.

"Use this to find it. Once you do, the passcode and key are taped behind the map. See you on the other side," Then he took off.

I looked at the map. Right now, we were in the main hallway. We needed to take a left, through the courtyard, go to the employee section, climb down the stairs and get to the safe room.

"Come on, follow me!" I said. They nodded.

I memorized the path. In a matter of minutes, we reached the saferoom. But then I heard a voice behind us, as expected.

"Hey, stop right there!" He said.

We twirled around and found two men wearing black.

They had guns (Five-Sevens) aimed at us. This reminded to me when I was taking my test when I got enlisted on to the Academy of Espionage. 

Erica counted down from three with her fingers. When she reached zero, we all ran to them. Mike and Zoe took care of one agent, while me and Erica took care of the other.

I punched the man's gut and Erica roundhouse kicked him in the face. 

The agent groaned and stumbled onto the ground. Mike and Zoe pushed the other agent into the lockers, then knocked him out. 

I looked back at the vault and walked up to it. I looked at the back of the map and found the passcode. I typed it in and the vault door opened. Then I heard a spotlight turn on behind us.

I turned around. Me and my friends stood in the spotlight. Then I heard a voice. 

"Hmm, ya'll were pretty good. The attacks, the confidence, and the teamwork. You look suitable for a SOLDAT class. I'll give you an A on your test," He said. It sounded deep. Most likely the principal.

"Uh, thanks?" I said awkwardly. Me and my friends shared looks. Then I heard some shuffling. 

I looked around and saw a familiar face.

"Hey, man. Nice job. How'd you do so well? Not a lot of people do good," He said.

"Yeah, I had some experience with my friends actually," I replied.

"Cool. Hey, I didn't get you're name. What was it again?" He asked.

I remembered my undercover name, "Max Ricotta."

I extended a hand. The boy shook it, "Mine's John. John Steven."