Chapter 12: Midnight Invader

LOCATION: Richard Weston Physics Academy

Principal's Office

TIME: 1:19 AM

DATE: Thursday, July 8th

POV: Agent Benjamin Ripley
______________________________________________

The flashlight was pointed at our direction. We froze. We were definitely dead, and the mission was a failure, again.

My heart pounded against my chest in fear. I kept praying that we would be safe. Erica looked at me in worry.

The flashlight got brighter and brighter as it closer to us. There was nothing we could do. Our cover was blown.

Erica gave me a look with a mix of emotions. Things that Erica never feels: sorrow, worry, and fear.

Then Erica walked up to me and did the one thing that I would least expect her to do: Kiss me. I stayed frozen, as always. I couldn't help but kiss her back and stay like that for a good five seconds. Then Erica pulled away, the emotions still in her eyes. I noticed Mike beaming wildly.

"Really, dude?" I asked, "Is it really time?"

Mike's smile faded quickly and he nodded, "Well...maybe not."

Erica put a hand on my shoulder, "But, we can take him down."

I nodded, "Yeah, but how are we supposed to knock him out without making such a ruckus?"

Erica looked at me, "No, not knock him out. Kill him. We can't have any witnesses."

I froze at that. But I understand. We had to get as much information as we can. Whatever it takes.

Erica put her hand on the door and slowly opened it. She counted down from three with out fingers. Then, when she hit zero, we charged out of the room, running into the person. 

We knocked the flashlight out of his hands. It landed, the light facing us, and making it easy to see who the person was. And that person left me staring at him in anger: Murray Hill.

"Hello, Ben," He grunted. Erica's legs were on Murray's chest, so it was hard for him to make a sound.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

Murray wheezed, "I need to get you out of here. Joshua sent me. You see, we're all targets."

I nodded, but skeptically.

Mike then walked up to Murray, "So are you going to help us?"

"Do what?" Murray gasped for air.

"Defeat this organization."

Murray tried to laugh, "Ha! Heh! We wouldn't be c-caught dead helping you. You have to help us."

Erica grabbed him by the collar, "Listen here, I know this bullcrap. We're not going to join you. Either way. So help us, or I'm gonna have to take you out right her, right now. And maybe do the same to everyone at SPYDER."

Murray raised his hands, "O-Okay! But, can you please stop sitting on me, I can't breath."

Erica rolled her eyes and got off. Murray gasped for air, "Okay, whew! Uh, yes, fine. I'll help you," He said.

I looked at him with suspicion, "Wait, just you?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure SPYDER won't want to help you dorks," Murray said. He scoffed.

Erica sighed, "Okay, well, then. If your gang doesn't want to help, I guess, we'll just turn you in on SOLDATS."

Murray whimpered, "N-no. Fine, okay, I'll try to convince them to help you. Now, can you let me go?"