~1~

Gore and language warning

——

The young slayer inhaled sharply, trying to catch her breath and begin her blood vessel repair. Her corps uniform was splatted in her deep crimson blood and gave off a strong sent of iron. Y/n stood over her, licking some blood off of her lower lip as she waited for the girl to give in and die. Her struggles only made her pain worse but she wouldn't give up easy. Y/n waited and waited until the girl's eyes turned dark, dying with her eyes open.

"Finally," Y/n groaned, closing the girls eyes as she knelt.

Y/n rolled up one of the girl's uniform sleeves to reveal a gash on her arm, deep enough to see the bone. Y/n leaned towards the gash, sticking out her tongue to taste it before she indulged in the torn flesh.

She swallowed the blood and held the girls arm up to her eyes. Pretty nice nailbeds.. she thought. She sat onto her legs and went in for the gash again, but she began to hear footsteps behind her. She turned her head and squinted her eyes narrowly before whipping her body around and bowing at the sight of her master.

"Ah, lower one," he said. "I've been looking for you."

Y/n widened her eyes and raised her head slightly. "Really? Why is that, Muzan-sama?"

His face was blank with no emotion as he stood over her, far more powerful and deadly than any other sole. "I've come to inform you of your rank change," he said.

The demon gulped, hoping that she wasn't being replaced and stripped of her rank.

"Do not worry, Y/n. I am promoting you. Specifically to upper rank 4," he announced, as if he read her mind. "The spot has opened up and I would like you to fill it. I am pleased with the strength you have gained." Y/n started to thank him from her kneeling position, but was cut off. "Just this once, I won't make you fight any of the other moons."

"Yes, thank you master, thank you!"

"You may stand now, come with me." He turned around and began to walk deeper into the woods.

She nodded and stood up while dusting off her ankle-length skirt, then followed Muzan down a path. Both stopped and stood in front rock from which a girl holding a biwa sat.

"Nakime. To the fortress."

The girl curtly nodded and played a single note on her instrument, which caused the three to teleport to the infinity castle. The girl had then vanished but Muzan turned around to face Y/n.

"Kneel," he ordered.

She dropped onto her knees carefully, her hands clenched onto her skirt, and her face up towards him. Muzan held out a hand to the center of Y/n's face. Concentrating on her bright eyes, he roughly engraved the kanji for upper four, officially making her three ranks higher than before. His blood infused with the ink, making her skin boil and her veins expand. She tried her best to stay still, only managing until he pulled his hand away from her face. She had passed out.

——

An hour had passed since Y/n was informed of her rank change. The blood Muzan had given her had settled and the pain in her eyes had faded. Her more than thin flesh was weaker than other demons, and her blood almost all flowed out of her when she laid on the floor. Muzan almost had her disposed of when she fainted so abruptly.

Y/n was looking in the mirror reading "upper four" in her eyes over and over. It suited her
e/c, and f/c eyes, which were so brightly colored they were almost neon. Her eyes were both a different color from the other as well, which stood out from her other features that were rather plain.

She stepped back to look at her cloths, which were now stained in her own blood from when her eyes were marked, and from when she received the new blood. The cloth was soaked in deep red blood and smelled terribly strong.

Her outfit was (insert outfit here) and all black. Each piece of clothing was covered in small designs which where all different neon colors. And her h/l h/c hair was left down and curled in the front. Often she pinned it up for fights, but liked to have it down otherwise.

Just as she was about to change into different clothes, she heard footsteps coming her way and then the door abruptly slid open behind her.

Muzan was back.

"One last thing before I head out for now, come with me."

"Of course," she complied, bowing her head.

He lead the demon to a large platform where a man was standing, who was covered in dark tattoos, all over his grey tinted skin.

——————

:)

I'm going to be posting my favorite Akaza pictures/fan art/manga panels below each chapter so enjoy that

And yeah we are going to pretend Hantengu isn't here..

word count: 861