-15-

The dark haired man stood still for a minute to catch his breath and examine the situation. The younger boy kneeled from the ground, "Giyuu-san..." He said, looking at the mans face.

A mark seemed to instantly appear on his right cheek, an abstract pattern of a sort. He stiffened and charged at Akaza, using a water form to slice at his neck, but Akaza sent a punch where his head was, causing the man to duck and miss his shot. From there, he swung again at his neck instantly, but missed again. Akaza bend backwards toward the floor so that the water only sliced above his head.

He jumped back towards Y/n , and turned to her. She rushed up to him, just as the man appeared quicker than he had before and tried another water form. Akaza twisted an arm to protect the other demon, and blocked his own neck with another arm. He only gained a shallow slice on the arm from the attack and the mans head had gained a small scratch on it.

"Y/n!" Akaza shouted. She knew it was a sign to use her art as a defense, since he said it in such a tone as he took another swing at the slayer. She created an orb to summon Kori, who works best against water users, Y/n thought that the water man possessed the largest threat.

The orb was forming in her hand, so, throwing it past the two into an open area, opposite of the flame boy, Kori's scaled body exploded out of the ball and shot icicles as it did so. One of the smaller slices of ice hit the man in the shoulder, and a few nearly hit the boys face. He looked far too overwhelmed from all that was going on while he regained his strength. He sat on the ground and stared dumbstruck at the dragon that began to break the thin ceiling from its continuously growing size.

Akaza and the man continued sharing attacks with each other in front of Y/n, whereas she cautiously dodged a few attacks that Akaza was unable to block for her.

The boy on the floor snapped out of his trance and payed attention to 'Giyuu', as he had called the man, and Akaza. He noticed something, so did Y/n, a open spot for the boy to strike at Akaza's neck. His sword moved with his body towards the blind spot, she saw his feet move from the floor to the air, and she knew it was her job to stop the boy from his actions. She jumped forward and twisted her body, just as Akaza noticed the two behind him, Y/n caught the blade with her hands and held the boy in midair. She let go with one hand and swung it at his torso, which he had left wide open. His eyes widened from how her quick reflexes were so similar to upper threes.

He tightened the grip on his blade and swung his body higher into the air to avoid the blow. The blade slipped out from her hands, and just as he landed on the ground, Akaza and Giyuu continued their attacks quickly avoiding and sending techniques towards the other.

At some point, Giyuu sent a thin blue dragon made only of his water technique out of his blade, if swirled around Akaza and himself for a moment, only a small slice in the neck was a result of his breathing form, but he was also sliced in the shoulder from an opposing attack. His attacks has all turned out far more shallow than he wanted, he started to struggle from the non stop attacks Akaza was sending, and he started to lose more blood. Him and Akaza jumped back, he swung his blade again, this time without a water form. Akaza sent an arm flying up towards the tip of the blade, and snapped it along its weak edge.

"Farewell." Akaza said, smiling up at Giyuu. He threw his fist up at his exposed torso, blood shot out and their eyes widened. He pulled the fist out, just his hand wasn't there. It dropped onto the ground nearby. 'Tanjirou' had sliced it off before fatal damage could be done to Giyuu. Flames flickered off the end of his sword again, he had the most serious look since he called Akaza an 'ass' earlier, maybe even more serious.

Giyuu took another stance, still having space on his blade to work with. He began to swing just as Akaza used his technique deployment, and a snowflake shaped glowing art appeared along the wooden floor. Y/n stepped back to not interfere with his attacks, and he then released a series of blows, injuring Giyuu far more, making him cough out blood. He landed onto the floor, with his half-and-half haori falling onto the ground stained in blood.

"Don't die like Kyojurou and Tanjirou." Akaza said, cracking his knuckles again. "Become a demon, Giyuu."

Tanjirou is dead? She thought.

No, he wasn't dead, he was standing right behind Akaza. He hadn't noticed him because he focused too much on Giyuu for a large portion of the fight. She hadn't looked at him either, blood covered his forhead, and a vein or two popped out as he began to shout, "AKAZA! I WILL CUT OFF YOUR HEAD RIGHT NOW!"

He began to swing his blade, it seemed he so slow to Y/n, and like Akaza wouldn't be able to dodge. She acted on her own now, no one noticed her or payed attention to her for most of the battle. Kori hadn't done much, she hadn't done much to even help Akaza. She wasn't an upper moon anymore, they probably thought that she was an easy kill, so saving her for last was best. She had to help him now, it would be too late later.

She stepped forward, into Tanjirou's line of fire. His blade continued to move forward toward her neck. She stayed, and Akaza froze. Once the blade had stopped its swing, her head had been separated from her body. Blood splattered onto Akaza, and his splattered onto her. That boys blade had reached and severed both the demons heads.

——————

Making this next chapter real sad so be ready :,)

Word count: 1061