ʚ8ɞ

~•manga spoilers from here on out•~

Continuing their run, Y/n and Akaza were further away than they even needed to be, but even halfway across the world wasn't far enough for Akaza. With their speed, both demons were a few miles away from the exit of the fortress, and were nearing a large city.

Boom... boom...

Y/n began to slow down, as she focused her hearing on the noise she just heard, and again.. boom.....Akaza stopped along with her, just then noticing it as his mind cleared, boom...

"Let's go this way, I want to know what that sound is," Y/n said just above a whisper, tilting her head towards the sound and pulling on his hand.

"But.." he trailed off, following Y/n without another word as he was pulled along.

Y/n lead him around a few trees and over a log before seeing bright, flashing lights in the pitch black night. Stars were among those bright flashes, and underneath them both was an even brighter city that went on for miles. Y/n continued to pull Akaza to the edge of a cliff that gave a clear view of all the life that filled the vast darkness. Her hand slipped from his as she awed at amazement from the fireworks that were being set off.

Akaza hadn't seen someone so amazed by fireworks, not for a while. He himself loved them, and was too impressed by how large and colorful they were. Multiple colors in one blast, some in different shapes and even some that sparkled. The one in front of him began lowering herself onto the ground, her hair blowing in the slight breeze that passed them, making her scent move with the wind.

Y/n swept her legs over the edge of the cliff, swinging her feet while watching the show. Akaza joined her at the cliff and squatted onto the ground, now watching the bursts of color form from thin air. Y/n had never seen fireworks, not even as a human. She had never been fortunate enough to witness their beauty.

Being left behind by her mother after birth at an orphanage meant she never had a chance to see what the others saw. But she didn't remember her past, so none of that would matter now.

The demon next to her had, in contrast, been fortunate enough in his past life, but also far more unfortunate than her.

The lights flashed against Y/n's pale face, and she smiled at the show of lights. Akaza hadn't really been watching the fireworks, but staring at her, the girl who reminded him of someone from another time. Someone he used to watch fireworks with, and someone he loved. He stared endlessly at her, and she hadn't noticed.

While Y/n focused her attention to the sky, Akaza's yellow eyes focused directly on her profile. His weight shifted to his knees as he turned to his side.

Out of the corner of Y/n's eye, she detected movement, so she turned her attention towards Akaza with a look of curiosity.

He was looking right at her, right into her neon heterochromatic eyes. His body halted from her sudden gaze, but his eyes flickered all around her face, taking in all of the features that he suddenly found so beautiful under this new light. Flashes of light and gunpowder continued, but he hadn't even cared. As another streak of light shot into the sky, Akaza's body moved on its own towards Y/n, he leaned closer and closer, closing the gap that separated the two.

Y/n didn't lean back or reject his lead, as the red firework burst into a large heart shape, he kissed her, and she stayed still.

The loud noises around her seemed to dull as a tattooed hand moved to the nape of her neck and the lights turned to dark as she closed her eyes. She turned her body towards his, sitting on her side comfortably. Caressing his face with her soft hands, she kissed him back. He pulled her closer to him with a second arm around her waist and she melted into his arms.

A loud boom and a brighter light suddenly caught the two off guard, and Y/n jolted a little in surprise. The two leaned back from each other, just at that time realizing what had happened. More lights flashed as they starred at each other, and Y/n rubbed her thumb back and fourth along his face, taking a breath of relief. He leaned his head into her hand, which cupped his face perfectly. His lips curved into a happy smile for once, for which she was relieved to see.

The fireworks continued, but were not acknowledged anymore by Y/n, as a new, and far brighter light suddenly came into view.

——

I think this sums up the moons relationship

Word count: 823