~4~

"Y/n! We have been assigned a mission!"

Y/n rolled over, unaware her male friend was speaking to her, and so comfortable she didn't want to open her eyes yet. He tapped on her shoulder. She just shrugged her shoulder away. Akaza groaned, now jabbing his knee in her back. She started groaning as well and threw a pillow over her head, which resulted in the covers being completely ripped off of her small figure.

He starred at her, lying in her small thin robe. Her figure was very small for the size bed she had in her room.

He started tapping on her neck next. She opened her mouth to stop him from bothering her but he started spitting out questions.

"Whats that?" he asked. "Is that a tattoo?" he continued. "It's not as cool as mine. What does it stand for? Are you even awake? Y/n wake up already!"

Y/n hastily sat up on her side, only to result in their faces mere inches from each other. Y/n's soul might have jumped out of her body if it had been anyone else. But it was just Akaza, the man she had seen every day since her rank change.

——

About a month had passed since the two started training together, and Y/n has managed to strengthen her body and increase her power within her arms and legs.

He continued to knock on her door. Only about five minutes had passed and he hadn't once left the outside of her chamber.

He's beginning to act like such a child, She thought.

She faced towards the door and told him stop knocking, and he started groaning. "Girls take so long getting ready!"

"I put on twice as many cloths as you do, so give me a second!" she snapped.

"Can you answer my question yet?" he whined.

Y/n was fighting her urge to walk outside and yell at him right at that moment. She instead finished doing her hair and walked to the door, a pillow in her grasp. She slid it open to see him sitting with his legs crossed on the floor staring at where the door was. He looked up and her with a large smile on his face, and he really did look like a child.

Y/n harshly tossed the pillow at his head, her face read from being annoyed. Akaza caught the patterned pillow before it touched the ground, stunned a little as she shouted to him again.

"This," she jammed a finger to her neck, "is how I summon my dragons. It disappears when I use my art. Happy?"

He was. "Your moody today," he teased, lightly throwing the pillow back to her as he walked away.

——

While walking towards their destination, Y/n was trying to hide her flustered face while he joked around. He was telling her odd jokes that she laughed at so much he had to almost drag her along the path just so they didn't have to stop.

Nearing the time of one hour since the pair set out for their mission, they had reached the general area for their assignment. Since Y/n was still in training, no combat missions had been assigned for her as of now, and she has been sent to aid Akaza in his search for the blue spider lily instead.

Akaza hasn't told her much about this flower, only that it is rare to find the flower itself, and that it is needed for Muzan and his quest to create the perfect being.

"How long have you been searching for this flower anyway?" Y/n asked as he pulled her down the path by her wrist.

He was silent for a moment, only to stay that way and ignore her question entirely.

She frowned. "That long?"

"That long," he echoed.

His right hand was gripped tightly around her left wrist, and her fingers were about to turn purple from the force he was using.

Y/n swallowed. "Would you mind loosening your grip..?" she asked as nicely as she possibly could to avoid any further damage to her fingers.

He turned his head back to her, looking at her wrist and he quickly relieved her of the pain.  Y/n didn't drop her wrist from the air for a few moments as Akaza turned his head back ahead, slowing down as he entered the clearing.

Y/n, still following close behind him stopped as well, lookin around to take in the scenery. Plenty of trees were around them, considering they were deep in the forest near a large city. Though out of the corner of Y/n's bright eyes, she could see movement - it was only a deer however. And along with that deer, were two fawns, covered in many white spots.

Y/n, having grown up in her human life loving all animals, awed at the sight of the two fawns. Still holding the love in her heart for all mammals, she couldn't help but gasp the moment she saw them.

"What's the matter?" Akaza questioned, turning around to gaze in the direction the girl was looking.

"Fawns!" Y/n whispered, trying not to scare them.

"Oh, I thought there was a human," he said, sounding almost disappointed.

Akaza lightly grabbed the girls wrist again, dragging her away from the deer as she whined. He pulled her into the clearing and under the moonlight.

"You'll take the southeast and I'll take the northwest, alright?" Akaza said, pointing southeast of the clearing.

"Sure boss," she responded with a salute.

——————

just a little guy

just a little guy

Word count: 939