~13~

"What did you mean by 'there was something wrong with the blood you were given?'"Akaza asked as he pulled away.

"Oh it's just a silly theory," she said.

"What theory?" he asked, gripping her hands tightly as he held them.

She was surprised he asked. "Well I thought about it often, took me years to realize something was wrong. I just thought.. maybe that man was experimenting on me.. by not giving me a strong healing component in his blood. He's always testing things you know, like a different way to find or replace that flower he always asks you to find," she sighed and continued. "He might have wanted to see how strong I could get if i wasn't given the right blood."

He's pissed. She could see it in his face.

He took a deep breath to keep himself from snapping, or snapping Y/n's fingers for that matter.

"That's not what I thought you would say. I was thinking something more like 'it must have been a mistake' or 'my body can't handle healing itself'."

"I'm not that hopeless," she said quietly.

"I didn't mean it that way.."

Her face heated up slightly, so she looked down. Akaza's fingers were intertwined with her own now. He started rubbing a circle on her hand because he saw the expression on her pink face. Hair fell from behind her ear into her face. She sat up straight, the hair fell back onto her shoulder.

That reminds me. She thought.

"Do you.. remember who Tamayo was, Akaza?" she asked, hoping for a certain answer.

"Yeah, I do," he answered.

"Good, you tell me about her? I'm a bit foggy still," she said honestly. A demon would need a whole study guild for how much Muzan wanted that women. Leads on all past locations, appearance, personality, all of it.

He explained, "she's the woman that betrayed that man hundreds of years ago when he was almost taken out by the sun breather, Kokushibo's brother. He wants her dead because she is a fugitive to him." He paused for a moment, rethinking what he said. "I think that's right, I don't know everything..."

Y/n tightened the grip on his hand and leaned into hug him around the neck. "Thank you for your help, Akaza." She smiled and closed her eyes when he wrapped his own arms around her smaller body.

She pulled away before Akaza was done, so he leaned forward as she stood up. "I have to go now. I'll come back for you soon." He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What for?"

"You'll find out, if I find her."

"Wait-"

Akaza's hand lightly tugged on her clothes as she turned away. She turned to look down at him. "Yes?"

——

Short chapter because I feel like what's coming next wouldn't fit in this part, so this is just part one. Hoping I don't disappoint you guys because I'm just going off of small ideas since I don't have a plan for this book anymore, it's sadly going to end soon. Thank you so much for reading I really didn't think anyone would. Thank you again.

 Thank you again

Word count: 509