Unwanted House Guest - Marcel Gerard

© uncpanda on tumblr

_______________________

Word Count: 499

Pairings: Marcel x GN!Reader

Warnings: None

"Marry me." The words are said in-between bites of pecan pie.

You glare playfully at the man scarfing it down, "Marcel, we're already married."

Your husband grins at you, "True, but every time I eat this pie I want to marry you all over again."

You roll your eyes and continue with the clean-up. You can feel him tracking your movements around the kitchen. "Stop staring Marcel. It's creepy."

"What's creepy about watching the love of my life move around the kitchen."

You turn to look at him a playful glint in your eye, "The part where I feel like I'm about to be pounced on."

"Would that be so bad?"

"Yes!"

You both turn towards the voice that's come from upstairs, and you snort. "Klaus, this is my house if you don't like it then suck up your wounded pride and go home to Caroline."

Your oldest friend is down the stairs seconds later, and you feel Marcel move behind you. His arms wrap around your waist, and he buries his face in the crook of your neck. You can feel the smile presses against your skin.

"Caroline is the one in the wrong. I will not apologize."

"Then you need to find some place else to stay, because you're being bossy again and I won't have it."

His hands go to his hips, "Well excuse me if I don't want to hear my sister and closest friend going at it in the room next to mine."

Marcel looks up, "We're on the other side of the house."

"Two words: Vampire Hearing."

Marcel holds up two fingers, "Two more words: Our House."

This time you hold up two fingers, "An additional two words: GO HOME!"

Klaus has the audacity to look offended. It's been two weeks since his fight with Caroline over some decoration thing or another. It's time for him to go.

He sinks into a whine, "You don't understand."

Marcel scoffs, "We've been married for a hundred years. How do we not understand? In fact our anniversary is next week. I would really recommend being out of here by then."

Klaus makes a face but disappears in the next second. You pull out your phone and start warning the other siblings to lock or spell their doors shut.

Marcel kisses the side of you neck, "Your family is crazy."

"You knew that when you married me." You slide your phone into your back pocket, turn towards him, and wind your arms around his shoulders.

"And I married you anyways."

You smile and kiss him, "Yes you did."

His hands settle on your hips, "And I've never regretted it."

And really those are the sweetest words you can hear. So when you hear Klaus yell, "Enough already." Throwing him out a window really isn't that big of an overreaction.