Here again

I added in an image to help you visualize the setting in this chapter. Your welcome :D

----------------

I walked along the sidewalk. Not on it, but beside it. It just felt better walking on the street, even thought it was busy and filled with cars. I didn't have to worry about anyone I knew seeing me since no one I knew lived on this side of town. Honestly, everyone that I wanted to know me, was on the other side of town as well. Uptown that is, I don't care about being known anywhere else.

"Here we go..." I jumped over a few boxes and cans and headed towards an opening between an old wooden fence, and a rundown Chinese shop.  When I was younger, I use to hang around this place all the time with my friends. We would eat the left over rice no one wanted. I slightly laughed.....remembering that my only friends were rats back then. I angled myself slightly so that i wouldn't' disturb the family of stray dogs living next to the shop. I found the soft area of mud and mulch that I remember loving so dearly.......

I would use to pretend that it was a small ocean for pill bugs and mosquitos, never liked either of those things though. I stepped into the mud too often to care about if that was ever true enough though. The ally I was in was dark and damp, but every so often the light would shine from between the buildings making the area have that warmhearted glow. It was a tighter space than what I remember. I was a skinny and frail child, but it was still a lot bigger to navigate when your a skeleton like creature. I didn't care about my shirt getting dirty, or my pants gaining any rips, but...I guess that wasn't any reason to be reckless. There wasn't any noise beside the drippings of a leaky pipe every few steps, and the noise of the not so distant cars, the sounds of metal clashing from nearby kitchens, but most importantly, the sound of water that came from under the Townsville bridge. 

It was around 5:30 when I reached the end of the twisted shortcuts, angry strays, and the loud but missed shouts of angry moms telling a random stranger to get off their land. I don't mind being a stranger if it means I'm acknowledged though.  People expect me to be some sort of hero. 

You should be happy to be a proud member of Townsville! I'm sorry you don't remember anything else about what it's like to be happy, but I know that I can help you find new reasons!

What bullshit. A squeaky twarp told me that once when I was struggling for food under the bridge....