Repentance

"Butch, I'm gonna kill you, and your little girlfriend too."

"If you call me his girlfriends one more time I'm-"

"Going to rip my tongue out of my mouth and shove it down my throat, yeah, yeah, I got it."

"Good. Your not as stupid as you look."

Ever since we got sent out of the hospital, I've been hanging out with these losers. Truthfully, it was the most fun I've had all month. However... I haven't been home in 4 days and I missed school today as well as yesterday. Butch, Brick, and Boomer (kind of) let me have some cash for a cheap ass hotel, plus I lost my phone so, there was no point in trying to deny that I was at the least relived that my family couldn't contact me. Having said that, Boomer was not impressed. Also, it was painfully obvious that the nurse was scared of everyone in the room. It almost made me feel sorry for her. I could tell that she was interested in the red head, whose name was Brick, but she kept receiving glares from him, signaling to hurry up. She finished up quicker than I thought, and told me to 'take it easy' however, I wasn't sure what she meant by that. 

"Listen, I understand that Buttercup is your best bud and all, but why is she still hanging out with us?"

"Boomer has a point, doesn't she have a family to deal with..."

"Yeah I do, but they can kiss my ass for all I care!"

They all stopped walking and looked at me for a moment. I was confused and stopped too:

"What? The hell I say?"

"What do you mean by that?" Boomer caught me off guard. Of course he wouldn't understand. But, I wouldn't expect him to. I got tired of explaining everything over and over again. 

"I guess you can say it's my sister's fault that I'm like this?" I ruffled my hair for a bit before continuing, "But at the end of the day I'm the one who ran out during my conversation with her, so I guess I did this all to myself."

They all looked at me with a weird expression. I was slightly concerned that they were going to leave me, thinking I was weird and should be left alone. 

"Wow....you really have no clue do you?"

I stood still. What the hell was he doing? Does this bastard know nothing, or is he playing stupid? Of course I have a goddamn clue! I-I just don't feel like going home. If I'm being honest, I was going to head there tomorrow after school...I think. 

"Girl, do you even remember who we are?"

I cocked an eyebrow, "Yes?" He shook his head and looked over a Butch, whose expression I couldn't quite read. 

"Butch, does she remember who you were?"

I looked over at him as he crossed his arms and leaned against a tree. He stared at the ground and shook his head. What the hell? Boomer turned around to look at Brick, who was making it obvious that there was something that I wasn't quite getting. 

"Brick, help me out here."

"She's a lost cause." 

He turned around and started walking away. We were a few miles outside of town, and the plan was to go on a hike to the top of the closest mountain. Seeing that we were already half-way up, I figured that he wouldn't just walk down, but- he did. 

"Ok, you aren't making any sense! I only met you guys a few days ago! Butch, I only met you a few weeks ago! I don't understand what the hell any of you are saying!" I was getting pissed off at this point, "Start making sense dammit!"

"Buttercup...."

I looked over at him and saw that he looked depressed. Did I do that?

"Do you....wanna play volleyball?"

And just like that, it all clicked.