Remembrance

"Hurry up!"

"Shit! Why'd you do that!"

"The cops are here!"

"MOVE! MOVE! NOW!"

It hurts. Everything hurts. DAMMIT! I knew they would cheat! The air is so cold. The water....has it always been this thick? The sound of footsteps gradually getting softer was the only thing I could focus on. They were running...why? Wasn't I winning? 

"Where...are they going...?"

My eyes were getting heavy. I didn't like that. I tried to get off the floor. That's right.... the floor. That's where I am. I looked around, barely noticing the sounds of sirens around me. Why was I so pathetic? All this...because I wasn't invited to see some fish? I flinched.  My side was hurting...so..so bad. 

"Wh-why...am I like this?" I tried to sit up, but an overwhelming amount of warmth seeped out of my body. My hair and entire backside was soaked with mud water. My light green shirt now an ugly brown, tinted with the vengeful shades of red. I couldn't move....I could barely breathe. 

I don't remember anything....all I could....no. All I am willing to do....is lie here. Maybe....someone who cares enough, might help me. 

I closed my eyes, and was engulfed by the dark. 

"Buttercup. Buttercup wake up! Play with me!"

I opened my eyes. Who the hell.... I looked up at a small boy. 

"What..?"

The hell? This isn't right....

"Come on! Let's play volleyball!"

Am I dead? Please don't tell me god is some small ass child with crazy ass hair. 

"Umm, ok..." 

What?! WHY DID I AGREE?? What is this place? I looked around and let out a low gasp. This is my bridge! But, wasn't I laying on the floor? I'm so confused.... 

"Watch out!" 

I scream at the top of my lungs. I was no longer at the bridge. It wasn't daytime. When did we get into the streets? Did we every play volleyball? Who was he? And.....why....

Why was he on a stretcher?

"Hey! Let me go you jerks!" A police officer grabbed my wrist and was pulling me away, why? Why was this so familiar? Did this happen already....I cant tell if this is real.

I blinked and was in a furnished room. I was sitting on top of a newly made bed. It smelled like lavender. Isn't this the orphanage I spent some time in? It had the same soft brown walls, and the same matching bunk beds. They were wood, and the nuts that kept them in place where slightly rusted. As I stepped off my bed I was in a different room....

Ok, someone better explain what the hell is going on. 

"Hello."

What? 

"Is she alright?" 

Why do you care? Wait. Why am I so angry? Do I know this man? What do you mean am I alright? NO! IM NOT! PLEASE! TELL ME WHATS GOING ON! I squeezed the hem of my dress. An ugly light pink with stupid lace trim at the end to match the bow in my hair.

"She was found after an incident had occurred. Apparently, she was very attached to the boy, but he had to get sent to the hospital due to a handful of fractured bones."

"Why didn't you take her with him?"

"She doesn't have any blood relations to him, and he was in to much pain to conform whether or not he knew her or not. Just a safety thing."

That's right. That boy. He was my best friend when I was living like a rat under the bridge. Why was I remembering this now? Is this what they mean by my life flashing before my eyes? How irritating...

I lifted my head up slightly, and was welcomed by two warm brown eyes. 

"Good afternoon Buttercup. My name is Professor Utonium. Would you like to come home with me?"