Chapter 21

The following chapters might get a little too triggering for some, so brace yourselves. Same trigger warnings as the last chapter.

TRIGGER WARNING:
Mention of Ab*se
Flashbacks
Symptoms of Psychosis
Scars
Blood
Trauma, PTSD
Cursing
______
The Green-eyed Man And His Screams

One week since has passed since I got back home, and 'I don't want to go back. I don't want to go back.' Is what I think about every single day. I am still in danger, and I know it.

"You think you can get away without a punishment, young lad?" The general asked, anger hinted in his voice as he made a certain gesture to the men behind him, "Go on, soldiers. Do what you can."

I struggled, I was too exhausted to even move, I can't get these chains and cuffs off of me. My vision is hastily blurring up, but I have to stay awake. I can't just give in. I have to. I have to stay awake.

For Ochaco.

I felt a sharp pain radiating from my left rib. I groaned in agony, I just got punched in the gut. "Baku..go.."

"..Baku...Chan.."

I continued staring into space. Even my own home can't make me feel safe. I have to keep going though.

I have to live longer.

"Deku?" It's that god-forsaken nickname again. I felt my ears move as I instantly got into a chain of memories. My muscles reacted from the name in shock.

"'Deku' is the name of a he-"

"Good for nothing."

"Useless idiot."

"Battle tool!"

"You damn fucker."

'Everyone thinks you're worthless.'

Who is tha-

"Sorry." the brown-haired apologized, I snapped away from my thoughts, and turned my head to a certain brunette and a blonde standing beside each other, both having concerned looks plastered on their faces as they stared at me. "We're going to stop calling you that from now on if it triggers you."

'Look at them, they hate you.'

I got surprised. Who was talking to me just a few seconds ago?

I stayed silent. No matter how much I want to speak, I just could not get the words out of my mouth.

'Who the damn hell are you? Get back to the battlefield.'

I shivered, whoever that person is, I don't want to associate myself with them.

"Do you need help?" Ochaco asked, smiling at me with sadness apparent in her eyes. Her voice is still as soft as ever. I missed her so much, and to see her infront of me is tear-jerking, "We have to eat breakfast, 'Zuzu.."

'You think you deserve to be loved?'

I felt liquid slipping from my blank eyes. Reaching my arms out to my girlfriend, I spoke for the first time since last night, my voice still trembling, "Ochaco.." I tried standing up, putting my feet on the floor, and got up, only to have me falling down, almost face planting.

I can't afford kissing the floor.

'How stupid.'

"I'll help you De-.. Izuku." Kacchan said, grabbing both of my underarms as he helped me stand up. He then wrapped an arm over my waist, and guided my hand and placed it over his neck. "Uh, Izuku?"