Bongeka's Father

Things seemed to be normal for vampires, Kaden and Ntando never complained about any hostile treatment. As for Yamkelwe and Bongeka, they were trying to work on themselves. Bongeka had let her guard down whilst Yamkelwe was restless.

"You seem troubled Yamkelwe, is there anything wrong?" Bongeka observed after trying to talk to him but ended up unanswered.

"Nicholas" Yamkelwe replied absentmindedly

"What about him?"  She never thought about Nicholas' whereabouts since the incident at her mother's house. She remembered the last time they were together, he had saved her from dying. He promised to protect her. But Yamkelwe spoke about him wanting power, could it be possible that he just wanted to use her just like the rest?

Yamkelwe was the only one who seemed to be genuine.

"He is back, he is coming for us. I'm frustrated Sweets, he is not making any move"

"Because he won't be making any move! I'm sure he is somewhere  with his new family" 

"He was here a few days ago in a certain form"

"Can vampires also shapeshift?"

"Yes, sweets, but not all of us. Only purebloods can"

"Which means you can turn, right! Can you turn to a merman please"  Bongeka bubbled jumping up and down, she couldn't wait to see the whiz. She was convinced he'd look so fox in that form.

"No sweets, no. It doesn't work like that. You see... You, humans, have different talents, right? Same as us. We don't have the same abilities. And our abilities are inherited from our parents. So in my bloodline, we are not shapeshifters, I can't turn baby" He explained, a bit disappointed that he can't shapeshift for her.

"That's disappointing, so what about Nicholas?"
Back to the initial issue...
"They can shift into bats. That's their appearance sign"

"What about you?"

"I'm one of the few who can build or break bonds. That's why I'm a master"
The same way the royals can possess someone's body.

Their conversion was cut short by the click sound by the balcony... The bat.
It made its way in and shifted into the human form. It was Nicholas in the flesh.

" We meet again, master. Hello Pandora"
Nicholas smirked.

"You are not welcome here, Nicholas" Yamkelwe grunted.

"I know, I've never been welcome. You always ordered me around like I'm your lapdog"

"Being my second command comes with perks. You could have stepped down. Many folks would die for the position you had"

" You never appreciated my efforts. I brought you, Pandora. Did you thank me? No. You wouldn't anyway"

"Your efforts of taking my position, the efforts of using Pandora as your weapon?"

"Okay, let's stop crying over spilled milk. You need to find a way to solve your differences" Bongeka intervened.

"He doesn't belong here Sweets"

"You are a master I'm sure you can rebond him"
All she wanted was peace, that was her quest. To bring peace. Where there was peace, there was hope as well.

"He is a rogue, there is no cure!"

"My blood will," Bongeka said, biting his wrists and attempting to feed Nicholas. Yamkelwe rolled his eyes, annoyed by the naiveness of his lover.

"There is no need for that kid. I have a surprise for you!" Nicholas proclaimed with a grin. A male figure appeared from the balcony. He was tall, pale, and had dark circles around his creepy eyes. The irises were red and his scleras were black (where it should be white).

"I present to you your real father," Nicholas said proudly.

"Bongeka" The gravely strident voice shuddered everyone in the room.

"You are my father" Bongeka sobbed as she tried to go to him but Yamkelwe held her back.

"Why are you holding her, you don't want her to know her real father so that you can know that she'd have no one to defend her?"  Nicholas shouted. "You see what I'm talking about I'm talking about Mchunu, he will turn your daughter against you" 

Bongeka attempted to go to him, Yamkelwe held her back again. That man was a rogue, rogues don't think, they attack and kill. They don't care if you are one of their own.

"It's okay love. I will be okay" Bongeka assured Yamkelwe and he let go of her.

"I thought Dlamini was my father" - Bongeka

"Master sent us to trap your father, it was me and Dlamini. We didn't want to do it but we couldn't stand against him, he had so much authority over us. Dlamini had to be involved with your mother and pretend to be your father"

"That's not true William, why are you lying?"
Yamkelwe was bored by the whole thing.

"You know it's true. The least you can do is to let me and my friends stay here with you in the quarters"

"Yamkelwe..." Bongeka pleaded. She never got a chance to have a father. Dlamini was the kind of a man who'd come back from 'work' and read his newspaper. After that, he'd order everyone around. He hardly smiled or socialized. She thought he was just being a Zulu strict father.

"Bongeka don't you dare consider this crap. I won't let any rogues here. We both know Nicholas is lying!" Yamkelwe scolded

"He is my father. Both of us were robbed of a chance to know each other by your people. This is the only chance I have, rogue or not. He is my father"

"If you really love her as you claim you won't let her father be homeless"  Nicholas boated enjoying his leverage.

"Please baby, I will make sure your vampires are safe," Bongeka said, holding his father's cold hand.
Who never said anything other than calling Bongeka's name.

Yamkelwe nodded his head, because of love and trust. He let them stay, it's not like he could ever say no to Bongeka. However, he was unsure if it was the right decision. Nicholas still did a good job in hiding his thoughts but the mystery man couldn't. He invaded his mind only to find that there were no thoughts at all. His mind was blank,  not because he was hiding them, they were not there at all.
A man with no thoughts? A man with no motive? That meant something had possessed him.
A possessed rogue? That's a whole ticking bomb.

"Well, there's twenty of us master"

Twenty? That's a pack, they could have just formed their coterie...