22

Alex admits. He did feel something towards George.

It all started two years ago, when they met online. They met through a championship game in Minecraft, hosted at least twice a year, called the Minecraft Championship or MCC. They were in a team together and the way George talked just made Alex swoon. It was a bonus point when Alex saw George's pretty face. He asked his friend, Sapnap, all about George, so yes, Nick knew all about Alexis' little crush on George.

When Alex found out about George's neighbor, Clay, he was jealous. A bit. He found out through Nick who willingly shared the news to him. Alex didn't mind Clay. He thought and saw it as a competition even when he knew he had no chance to win over George. He knew George only saw him as a friend.

And over the past few weeks, when George only talked about Clay, he knew he really had no chance. He respected George's decision. But when he found out about what Clay did to George, he was furious.

He wanted to hurt Clay for doing that to George. If he was George he would've hurt Clay so bad but he wasn't George.

And now that he just knew, that George forgave Clay so easy, he was heartbroken. He thought that this was his chance but nothing.   He knew George wasn't the type to stay mad for long.

He wasn't the type to get in between someone who's happy in a relationship. He's just enjoying his time with George now that they met in real life after just talking through a screen for two years.

Alexis was happy for George. He was happy that George is happy. That's how things are. For a short period of time, Alex actually had hopes for George when he knew about their break up. Alex was there for George. Comforted him, been in endless calls with him. For that short period of time, Alex felt like he was the one who was in a relationship with George. He fed himself with that fantasy.

While George was out, he called Nick.

"George looked so... Pained. When he saw that Clay guy waiting for him by his door. He looked like he was about to cry." Alex explains. "I wanted to hug George and tell him that it was okay. But he just told me to go inside and they talked."

"I'm sorry for you Quackity... But that's just how it is. I tried convincing George to just forget Clay, but I guess George really does love him. A lot." Nick says, sympathy can be heard from his voice.

"It's fine. I'm happy for George that he has someone now. And if he forgives Clay, I'll be supportive." Alex smiles.

"You're a great friend, Quackity. A great person. You deserve better, man. It's no wonder Karl likes you." Nick chuckles for two seconds and he stops. He mumbles a curse.

Alex's eyes grew big.

"Karl..? Like Karl Jacobs?"

"You did not hear that from me."

George finally arrives. He opens the door and the sound made Alex drop the call he was having with Nick. He jumps from where he sat and rushes to George.

"Damn George, you really took your time out there," Alex jokes. George sets the cans down on the kitchen counter while Alex takes out the chips out of the pantry.

"Clay and I... Kind of made up."

The way George said it broke Alex more. George was smiling and sounded really happy. But he did expect it would happen. He prepared himself that it will happen. But even when he had himself prepared, it still hurt.

That night, the two drank like there was no tomorrow. They were loud, singing and laughing, celebrating. After two years of being friends and communicating through calls and through a screen, they finally met. It was a "dream come true" for Alex. As for George, he was just happy to finally meet his best friend.

George took videos and photos of them together while drunk.

"Sapnap told me something," Alex says, tripping on his words a bit. He rests his head on the headrest of the couch.

George looks at him while continuing to sip his can of beer.

"He said Karl likes me." Alex says and smiles widely.

"But I like you, George." Alex confesses. He closes his eyes due to the drowsiness that was eating him.

George laughs at him loudly, like they were just joking around. He continues to finish the whole can.

George points at Alex while laughing. "Man, what was funny."

Alex sits up properly, wobbling a bit. He sits closer to George and stares at his eyes. "I'm serious, George." His eyes kind of give up, as they slowly close on their own. His head was getting heavy, bobbing and moving side to side.

George continues to smile at him and makes funny faces. Alex was barely sober but he knew that George was drunk. Very drunk.

George's eyes was a bit blurry and his brain couldn't keep up with what has happening with his surroundings. He feels a hand on his cheek and another to his nape. Next thing knew, he was pulled towards someone, a pair of lips against his own.