5. The Persuasion

We sit in the camper van for a little bit longer, talking and listening to music. I force him to listen to Rumors by Fleetwood Mac. He says he doesn't listen to them as much because he prefers heavier rock n' roll.
"Everyone loves Dreams", I say.
"That is one of their best songs I have to give them that", Kirk replies.

I reposition myself in my seat and lean my back against the window of the door. He looks down and notices my guitar/treble clef tattoo next to my right ankle.
"That's a cool tattoo", he says.
"I got it when I was 17. I also have the Fleetwood Mac logo here", I say as I lift up the side of my wrist to show him the tattoo.
"Very cool. You think you'll get anymore?"
"Maybe, I'm not sure what else I'd get though. Have you got any?" I ask.
He lifts up his black t-shirt and exposes his toned abs.
"I got this one just last year" he says, as he points to his tattoo that wraps around the top of his bellybutton. I move closer to him to get a better look. It reads: "Made in SF 11-18-62".
"Made in San Francisco 11-18-62", he says.
"Is that your date of birth?" I ask.
"Yeah", he replies.
He turns in his seat to face forward and unbukles his belt, slightly pulling them down below his hip bone. I notice his sharp v cut and a happy trail that crawls all the way down into his boxers. He lifts up his shirt again and reveals red flames tattooed on his side.
"That's so cool" I say, as I move in towards him to take a closer look at it. I can feel him staring down at me as I reach out and trace my fingers along the flames.
"Is there any meaning behind it?", I ask.
"Well by looking at it, the flames are obviously coming from somewhere underneath my boxers", he says jokingly.
"What does that even mean?" I ask while laughing.
"I'll leave you to guess", he says suggestively.
I blush hard and look away, trying to hide my red face.
"We should head to my place, it's starting to get dark" he says, quickly changing the subject.
We get out of the camper van and swap places so that Kirk is in the driver's seat.
"Where do you live?"
"Sea Cliff" he replies, "it's only about 6 minutes away from here".

As we drive in to the neighbourhood, we are surrounded by beautiful mansions overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It's an incredibly luxurious neighbourhood.
We pull in to the left and drive up towards a European looking mansion painted in white. It's gated off and looks very private as though to protect the owner from intruders. He was right, I will definitely be safe in here.
"This is your house?" I ask astonished.
He nods.
The gates open on Kirk's command as he reaches his hand out of the window and presses a few buttons on some sort of digital contraption.
He parks my camper van in the driveway and we get out.
"Your house is beautiful" I say, staring up at it in amazement.
"Thanks" he replies, "come on I'll show you around".
He grabs my stuff and we walk in to the foyer that is accented with warm woods, giving it a subtle hawian appearance. A large staircase with a light brown carpet spirals up to the left. I follow behind him as we walk up the staircase. He takes me in to a large bedroom that has an oversized white fluffy rug in the centre of the floor and an all white Queen sized bed with silk sheets. The large windows show off a picturesque view of the Pacifc Ocean.
"This is stunning" I say again.
He sets my oversized flowery handbag and guitar on the bed.
"You have your own bathroom in there", he says as he points towards the door on my right.
"Thank you, I really appreciate you letting me stay here", I say.
"It's not a problem at all. I'll be downstairs in the living room on the left if you need me", he says and shuts the bedroom door behind him.

I take a shower after realising I haven't washed myself in about a week. I dry my hair, keeping it naturally wavy and throw on a pair of cotton shorts, a white t-shirt and a long flowy kimono.
After I finish putting my clothes into the drawer, I remember that I haven't called my mom to let her know that I'm okay. I walk down the stairs and in to the living room. Kirk is sitting with his guitar playing a tune that I'm not familiar with. He looks up at me.
"Hey", he says.
"Hey. Do you mind if I use your phone, I need to make a phone call."
He leads me over to the phone in the kitchen and I dial the number.
"Hey mom".
"Blake where the fuck are you?"
My mom never swears, only when she's really mad.
"I'm in San Francisco, did you not read the note I left you?"
"Blake how dare you. You scared the shit out of me and your father. Are you okay? Are you with anyone?"
I can hear my dad yelling in the background. Something along the lines of, "that kid is getting grounded as soon as she comes home".
"Yes I'm fine, I'm actually really happy for once".
She sighs in slight relief.
"When are you coming home? It's been a week Blake", she asks.
I pause for a minute. I haven't really thought about when I'm going back home. I love it here and I've finally found someone who I get along with.
"Blake" she says, interrupting me before my mind wanders off into deep thought.
"I don't know yet mom, I love it here. You know how much I've wanted to go to San Francisco, let me just have fun and enjoy myself for once. I'm 19 mom, I'm not a little girl anymore".
She let's out a sigh again.
"As long as you're okay, but promise me you will call everyday", she instructs.
"I will".
"Okay, I love you sweetie".
"Love you too".
I hang up the phone and Kirk walks up behind me.
"Everything okay?" He asks with a concerned look on his face.
"Yeah, just my mom", I reply.
"It's getting pretty late now, are you tired at all?" He asks.
"A little, I think I might head to bed".
"Okay, see you in the morning".
"Thanks again Kirk".
"No problem", he says with a smile.

Monday morning

I'm woken up by the sound of a guitar. It's that same unfamiliar tune that Kirk was playing yesterday. The sound is slow and repetitive at first before the switch up in some fast riffs, making it sound beautiful and dynamic. I brush my hair and make my way downstairs and in to the living room. A topless Kirk is sitting comfortabley on the couch while plucking the strings of his acoustic guitar.
"Good morning" he says looking up at me with a smile on his face.
"Good morning", I say back and walk over to sit next to him
"That sounds so beautiful, what is it?" I ask.
"It's one of my band's songs we wrote in '91", Kirk replies.
"What is it called?"
"Nothing Else Matters. I want to teach you it but first you have to let me hear you play" he says with a smirk, knowing exactly where this conversation is leading to.
"But I told you I'm not that good".
"Awk come on", he says handing me his guitar.
"What's one song you love to play?" He asks.
"Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin".
"Play it for me, at least the intro".
I look at him reluctantly as he moves closer to me and stares into my eyes.
"It's just me here", he says softly.
His voice is so comforting. I blush and gaze up at him, as he stares at me with those dark eyes that never fail to hold eye contact. He is hypnotic. I take notice of his piercing just below his lip that glimmers as he smirks.
"Are you going to play that song for me?"
I nod with a red and flustered face, realizing that I have stared at him for about a minute.
What is he doing to me?