Part 29: The Hard Talk (Thursday)

*Gregory in the picture on top. You are welcome. :)

I woke up at five AM as usual on days when Adam didn't sleep over. On my morning run, I kept thinking about the meeting this afternoon with Gregory. It really confused me how he wanted to make a deal with my father to marry me a month ago, but now he was trying to get into an alliance with us and give us some important information about our enemies.

I will have to ask him what exactly is he thinking and what his motivations were. I didn't understand him years ago when I first met him, and I certainly didn't understand him now. He just wasn't a very talkative type, I guess. But he had better explain his intention today if he wanted our alliance.

I was really glad Adam was coming with us, but I was also worried about how they will react to each other. Adam was still upset about Gregory trying to arrange a marriage with me.

He was usually not as crazily jealous as some other werewolves could be. Still, especially after what happened with Henry last time, he just got scared he could lose me. That event had really scared me as well, and I promised myself to be more cautious next time, especially around other Alphas. I could take down any Beta wolf, but most male Alphas were physically too strong for me. Therefore, I will feel safe with Adam, and the talk did concern him, so I hoped it was a good idea to ask him to come.

After school, we first went home to change, then Adam picked me up around four. That day I didn't want to draw any attention to my outfit at all, so I wore some wide-legged black trousers and a simple black and white striped T-shirt. I had a low ponytail and a minimum makeup, only putting on some mascara.

The meeting place was set up in a town between our two territories, about an hour's drive from my home. Knight's Blood was on our western border, and Lion's Nest was on our North-East border.

Adam was quiet for the first half of the way. When I asked him what he was thinking, he only said: "I don' like anything about this meeting. I'm only going because I don't want you to meet Gregory alone." I kind of expected him to feel that way.

"Well, thank you for coming along. I feel better for having you there with me. I just hope you two won't get into a fight. I want to hear Gregory out what he has to say," I said, trying to make sure he will stay relatively calm while we are there. "Don't worry, I will hear him out, so we can go home as soon as possible!" Adam said with an annoyed undertone in his voice. I just rolled my eyes at that. I already knew it wasn't going to be easy talking today, and I almost regretted asking Adam to come at that point.

We got to the karaoke place where we were supposed to meet about fifteen minutes prior to the meeting time. A private room was reserved under Gregory's name, and when we got in, we sat down on one of the sofas surrounding a low table.

The purpose of picking a karaoke place was far off from showing off our singing skills. Gregory thought it was a good place to talk privately as we had our own room, and all other customers were too busy singing, so no one could overhear our conversation. I agreed with him on that. It did seem like a perfect place to talk privately.

Gregory arrived just in time for our meeting. I almost skipped a heartbeat when I saw him walk in. He looked as dashing as I remembered him to be. Tall, well build, dressed in black from head to toe, with messy raven black hair falling on his face. I used to have a huge crush on him, but I was over that now. I still thought he looked really good, but Adam was just... He was my Adam, my mate, and the only one I really wanted to be with. I wasn't sure if Adam caught on to what I was thinking, but I felt him tense beside me and pull me even closer with his arm around my waist.