The journey

Raavi was sitting on the window seat in the bus. She had been quiet the whole time. She was sinking in her sea of thoughts. All the happy times she had spent in these few days with her family was flashing right in front of her eyes. Shiva switched on his phone, tugged the earphones in and pierced one of the earphones inside Raavi's ears and the other in his ear. He played the song "Pal Pal dil ke paas". This was Raavi's favourite song. 

Do listen to this version if you haven't heard it still... I personally love it!!!

Shiva entwined his hand into hers, holding it tight. It was a hidden message from him. She could feel how much he would miss her. They never expressed through words but these small gestures did wonders. The assurance from him was all enough to elate her mood. She also tightened her grip on him and smiled at him. The whole lyrics were engulfing so beautifully to their situation like the sun in the sky. The eternal peace they felt when they were beside each other. No it was not love. It was trust that had taken poll now. Their belief in each other and their integrity never scattered apart. They could trust each other with their lives, it was kind of an untold promise they both had made to each other. Actions always speak louder than words. 

Just before they knew it, they slept off on each other, their hands still one into the other and the tight grip. Their bus had departed at 10am. They were supposed to reach Ahmedabad by 5pm. The bus had now stopped at a restaurant for lunch. Shiva woke up on hearing people chatter. He opened his eyes to find his hands in hers and how she had placed her head on his shoulders and was munching in sleep peacefully. 
Shiva(to himself): Lagta hai koi sapna dek rhi hai. (Smiling)

The conductor announced that the bus would stop only for 20 minutes. So everyone must complete their lunch and come8 back asap. He woke Raavi up very softly. He was being so satiny to her that he himself couldn't believe how some time ago all he did was hurt her. His words and his behavior towards her were all so sombre. He thanked his gods everyday for bringing her into his life for he was starting to find peace in her. Though he had insecurities and acceptance issues, she had always been a pillar for him to lean on.
Raavi opened her eyes while he was thinking all this and staring at her. She snapped at him to bring him back to reality.
Raavi: Bhook lag rhi hai mujhe. Chalen?
Shiva: Haa chal. Kumkaran kahin ki. Tabse uta raha hoon tujhe... ek inch bhi nhi hili.
Raavi: Acha... ghoorke ankhon se uta raha tha kya.