The Leap!

They shift Raavi's belongings from hostel to Sneha's place. And Shiva leaves to Somanth. Raavi goes to the bus stand to see him off. They amicably hug each other and bid each other byes. With a heavy heart they turn
towards their responsibilities.

This continued for like 1.5 years. Shiva used to make sure he visited Ahemdabad every weekend. Shiva had got close to Shweta and Raahil also. Raavi also used to go to Somnath to surprise everybody whenever she got 3 or 4 days of holiday. Shiva and Raavi now were addicted to keep each other updated about their lives.

One day on call:
Raavi: Kya hua hai Shiva? Kyu aaj itna dheere se bol rha hai?

Shiva: Are kuch nhi bas thoda sa thak gaya hoon aur headache bhi ho rha hai.

Raavi: Dawai khaya?

Shiva: Are nhi soke utunga theek ho jaunga.

Raavi: Nhi tu pehle dawai le.

Shiva: Acha sunn... Ek baat poochoon? Please phone kaat math dena.

Raavi: Aisa kya hua hai? Nhi katungi bol.

Shiva: Gussa toh nhi ho jaegi na.

Raavi: Tu bolega ya nhi abhi?

Shiva: Woh na... woh na... Dev ki college friend ghar aai thi aaj. And ...

Raavi: Ruk kyu gaya Shiva?! Bolna... (calmly)

Shiva: Usne aate hi hum sabko hug karke greet kiya... par sachi maine haat utaya tak nhi. Usine apne aap small hug diya and chod diya. Tu gussa mat kar...

There was 5 seconds of silence. And then Raavi burst out laughing.

Raavi(laughing profoundly): Mere bholenath. Kya karoon mai tera? Tujhe laga ki tune use hug kiya toh mai gussa ho jaungi? Itni insecure lagti hoon kya tujhe mai? (Still laughing) Tu agar khudse jaake use hug karta tab bhi mujhe bura nhi lagta Shiva. I trust you. Mujhe pata hai ki tujhe apne limits bahar walon ke saath pata hai. Tu itna cute kyu hai... (laughing) I love you yaar(still laughing)

Her words were ringing in his ears. I trust you and I love you! He was taken aback. It was like a big gulp of food got stuck in his neck. His breathing was stuck. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Did she really mean it like she accepted him as her husband or was it as a friend. These thoughts were running in his head. But he cornered them and got back on his call...

Raavi also after realising what she had said, started assuming what and all Shiva would have assumed. She wanted to clarify. But not hurt him.

Raavi: Woh Shiva.... woh...

Shiva: Ab isme itna kya sharma rhi hai? Dost ek doosre se pyaar toh karte hai na... Ab bina pyaar ka dosti kahin dekha hai kya?

Somewhere or the other she wanted to hear this only from him. But when he called her "dost", she was left dumbstruck.

Was she just a friend for him? Was his liking for her only as a friend. Could they never move ahead in their bond.

And they cut the call.

After a few days on one Friday:

Shiva calls Raavi: Raavi mai kal nhi aa paunga. Mujhe naye dukaan ki registration ke liye jaana hoga. Mai iss hafte nhi mil paunga tumse.

Raavi felt very sad. She would not be able to meet him this week. But she composed herself.

Raavi: Acha koi baat nhi. Dukaan ka registration karwana aur bhi zaroori hai.

Shiva felt blessed as he had got such an understanding partner to spend the life with. He had expected her to throw tantrums for not making it this weekend. But rather she obliged.