3

"Liv?" Thomas mouthed.

"Hey Via, this is Thomas. He created the whole house," Alex tried talking to me but my mind settled on those green eyes. As if they were piercing through me. "Earth to Via!"

"Alex, can I talk to you for a second?" Thomas dragged Alex out of the room and into someplace elsewhere. Charli dragged me into a group of girls, chatting and gossiping. Half an hour later, Alex returned, smiling.

"So Liv, your room is right next to Charli's so she'll lead you there," Alex spoke. I smiled at Charli as she walked up the stairs with me. The room was painted a lavender shade, with flowers decorating the walls. In the middle was a queen-sized bed with dark purple sheets. I locked the door and began undoing my hair.

I let loose and unzipped my top. I walked into the bathroom and began washing my face. When I exited the bathroom, I found a cat sitting on my bed.  "Aww."

I walked over and picked it up, petting it slowly.

"She doesn't like a lot of people," His voice was seductive and much more attractive than I remember. "Surprised she took a liking to you."

"You did," I didn't bother to look up at his eyes. I continued petting her until she jumped out of my arms to hug Thomas. I finally met his eyes again, taking in a deep breath.

"Hi, Liv..." He spoke.

"Hi," I forced a smile, biting my lower lip from the inside.

"You look...nice," Thomas scratched the back of his neck.

"Don't try," I spoke sternly. He was standing in the doorway, staring at me. "Please go away."

"Why are you-" I cut him off.

"Listen, whatever happened in those 4 years doesn't matter now. I've moved on, you should too," The words that came out of my mouth I regretted immediately. He turned around, shut my door, and left. I sat on the floor, my knees curled into my chest as tears flowed down. 

"I love you."

"Always and forever."

They say there are 5 stages of grief - denial, anger, pain, depression, and acceptance.

Denial:

"He's not gone. He's not gone. HE'S NOT GONE!"

Anger:

"I'll never forgive him mom. 4 years just gone to waste!"

Pain:

"Liv, get your head out of your hands. And stop crying." My mother ordered.

Depression:

"Liv," My mother knocked on my door. "Come out for dinner."

"I don't want to ever leave. Not until he comes back."

Acceptence: 

"He's never coming back, is he?"

Now, I live with him. And I'll see him every single day. 

"Hey," I heard a knock at my door. I got up and answered the door, finding Dixie there.

"Hi," I responded, blinking away the tears in my eyes.

"We're all heading out to ice cream if you wanted to come?" She asked.

"I'm good," I let out a fake smile and watched her walk away. I shut the door again, locking it, before sliding onto my knees and bursting into tears.