18

The cold rain hit my body, ruining my clothing. I stayed still, sitting on the bench, soaking wet. The thunder began.

4 days. I spent 4 days crying over my mistake. I got up, walking home. The rain got heavier, small hail pieces falling. I unlocked the door, finding the house empty. I shut the door, locking it, and sat down on the couch. My fingers hovered over the remote, wanting to watch a vlog. I quickly typed in Thomas's name, watched his face pop up, and pressed the most recent vlog.

It was in Seatle.

He said he's taking a break. And living in Seatle for a bit.

He's staying because of me. 

I got up, reaching for my phone. I called the one number with a star next to the name, Thomas.

The phone rang, and rang, until his deep voice appeared. 

"Liv?" He questioned. A tear began to roll down my cheek. "Liv?"

His voice made me fall onto my knees, dropping the phone. I let out a sob, my eyes puffy. 

"Liv!" Thomas screamed through the phone. I picked up the phone, pressing it to my ear. 

"I'm so sorry," Is all that left my lips.

"Liv, I know," His voice sounded like the one he would use to comfort someone. "I wish I could be next to you, wiping your tears, telling you how beautiful you are."

"And I just decided it would be better if we ended contact and yet, I'm the one calling you," I replied.

"Ryland told me about the threat," Thomas admitted.

"As much as I love your voice, don't say it. It breaks my heart," I shut my eyes, my lips parting. A shaky breath left my mouth, Thomas's voice making me shiver.

"He threatened me with you this time," He sighed into the call. 

"What did he-" He cut me off.

"Don't. Don't," Thomas's voice became stern, his words ringing my ears. "I know why you left now."

"You have to go back to LA," I begged. 

"I'm not leaving you. He'll find you," He pleaded.

"Thomas, everyone's waiting on you, and I think that if the univernse keeps pulling us apart, maybe we should listen. Maybe you should stay in LA and I should stay here," I replied. 

"Liv, please," Thomas let out a shaky breath.

"I'm so sorry," My finger hovered over the end call button. I shut my eyes, pushing down on the red circle. I collapsed onto my knees, tears flooding my eyes.