19

August 3rd, 2020

I got into the car, heading towards Liv's house to say bye. She opened the door, her hair tied back, her eyes puffy and red, her cheeks stained with tears. She tried to shut the door, which I stopped.

"I'm here to say bye," I assured.

"You're going back?" She asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, handing her the bouquet. 

"Thanks," Liv brought them up to her nose, sniffing the flowers. 

"I'm uh going to miss you," I scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah, I'll miss you too," She leaned forwards and hugged me. I put my arms around her, taking her in. "When's your flight?"

"4," I responded.

"It's 12," She broke the hug. She wiped her eyes.

"I'm having flashbacks," I smiled.

"That was the worst day of my life. And add this one to the list," She joked.

"It's on my list," I replied. 

"Yeah, because I was the girl who fell for you," She started. "So blind in love."

"Liv..." I whispered.

"I risked my life so many times because of how much I thought I loved you," Liv chuckled at herself.

"Liv..." My tone rose.

"I'm so stupid, right? All I wanted was you to come back," She squinted slightly.

"Liv," I matched her tone, my voice getting deeper.

"And I was the dumb girl who hooked up with you on hallowe-" I cut her off.

"OLIVIA!" I screamed. She flinched.

She began to back up, her breathing becoming heavy. 

"Liv, I didn't mean to..." Tears flooded her eyes. "Liv, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have-"

"Thomas, please go," Her voice cracked. 

"Liv," I held my hand out for her to grab. She instead just stared at it, as if it was the knife that would kill her. 

"Please," She pleaded. I turned around, sighing as I walked back to my car.