25

August 25th, 2020

"What are we doing here?" I questioned once again as Thomas led me somewhere. I was blindfolded, my eyes shut tightly. 

"Just keep walking," He ordered. He finally took the blindfold off to reveal a beach.

"What?" I asked.

"Surprise," He placed a kiss on my forehead and then wrapped his hands around my waist. I wrapped mine around his neck as we started swaying to the noise of the waves. We held each other tightly, cherishing the feeling of each other in our arms. The sun was starting to rise, the orange and red hues parting the sky. Neither of us said a word, knowing that our time together was quickly coming to an end.

He's a bad dancer
He's a right answer
He's a shy singer
Most of the time, that's just him and I

I sang with a smile on my face. Thomas's lips curved into a smirk, pressing his forehead against mine.

He's an over-thinker
He's a slow kisser
A confessed sinner
All of the time when it's him and I

His eyes shut, his nose slightly twitching.

And you squeeze my hands two times, three times
And believe me, I love you always, always

His hands left my waist and grabbed onto mine, interlocking our fingers.

All I do, the whole day through, is dream of you
All I do, since I met you, is dream of you
So could you stay with me, lay with me? Talkin' 'bout nothing, yeah
All I do, the whole day through, is dream of you

"We're not talking," He joked, a chuckle leaving his lips.

I was not living
I was just writing about it
With my head spinning
Days passing by most of the time, yeah

His hands clutched mine tighter, his smile never dropping.

And you squeeze my hands two times, three times
And believe me I love you always, always 

"Always and forever," His voice was soft and sweet, his eyes never leaving mine.

All I do, the whole day through, is dream of you 
All I do, since I met you, is dream of you 
So could you stay with me, lay with me? Talkin' 'bout nothing, yeah
All I do, the whole day through, is dream of you

I let go of one of his hands and traced the collar of his shirt.

Please say you dream of me too
Can you?
Please say you dream of me too

His gaze dropped to my finger on his collar.

All I do, the whole day through, is dream of you

"I should get home," Thomas pressed one last kiss to my forehead before leading me back to the car. He drove me to my apartment building and dropped me off, a kiss following. 

I made it up to my room, took off my heels, and took my hair out of its bun. I went onto my balcony and stared at the sunrise. I walked back into the one-bedroom apartment and into my bedroom. I took off the itchy top, slid off the jeans, and left myself in just my undergarments. I crawled into bed, covering myself with the blanket.