17

I walked down the street, hearing the noises of my city. I made it to the bus stop, where my foot tapped against the floor anxiously. The bus arrived and took me home, letting me enjoy the alone time. My mother left me a note which said she had left for work. I crumpled the note up and shoved it into the trash. 

I sat down on the couch and began watching Mr And Mrs Smith. 

About an hour later the doorbell rang. I got up, walking towards the door. I opened it and found 'The name' standing before me. He leaned forward and embraced me.

"And if you're even in his presence, I'll do it."

I quickly pushed him off me, backing up. 

"Go away," My tone rose, my body urging for his touch.

"Liv..." Thomas blinked a few times.

"You have to leave!" I screamed, watching him flinch. My lips parted at the sight. 

He flinched. 

As if I was going to hurt him.

Ryland can't see us here. Right?

I walked up to him, grabbed his arm, and pulled him inside. My hands cupped his face, tears falling from my eyes.

"I'm so sorry," My voice became soft. "I was being forced."

"Forced?" He grabbed my hips, pulling me closer. "Who was forcing you?"

"Ryland threatened me that if I didn't move out...bad things would happen to you. Things I don't want to imagine," I dropped my hands, shutting my eyes.

"So you came to Seatle in fright?" He asked.

"I had to," I sighed. "I had no one else."

He leaned down, his lips brushing mine. It's not a kiss, but a sweet gesture. 

"Why'd you flinch when I screamed?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"My dad was umm..." I covered his mouth.

"Don't say any more," I stared into his eyes.

"I promised that no one would ever hurt you. I'm willing to stay right here to fulfill my promise," He pressed his forehead to mine.

"No, you have to get back to LA. You have an entire house to run, Thomas," I pleaded. His hands moved up to my cheeks, caressing them.

"I'd rather spend my life with you," He smiled, pulling his head away from mine.

"Isn't everyone waiting on you?" I asked, my hands gripping his. 

"They're waiting on us," He smiled. "They want you back too."

"But I'm not coming back," I took a second, staring into the green eyes that give me hope.

"Liv-" I cut him off.

"Thomas, I'm not going back," I caressed his cheek. "Maybe we aren't meant for each other."

I regretted those words instantly. I wanted to take them back. I wanted to change them. 

His lips parted into a small gasp, shutting his eyes. 

"If the universe keeps pulling us apart, maybe it's for the greater good. Maybe I belong in Seatle and you belong in LA," WHY CAN'T I STOP TALKING???

"Liv, no. You can't be serious," Thomas's eyes filled with tears. 

"I'm sorry," A tear rolled down my cheek. "You should go."

"Liv..." He wiped his eyes.

"I'm sorry Thomas, but you need to leave," I walked to the door, slowly turning the doorknob. "Please."

"Then I guess this is it," He grabbed onto the door. "Bye Liv."

"Goodbye Thomas."