Chapter 40

Thursday

September 12th

I was sat in the library, books and papers scattered all across the table. The sun, that was slowly setting after the long school day, was shining through the window behind me as music was blasting through my headphones.

I've been having a good amount of trouble with school recently, and just life in general. So evenings like these always helped me refocus.

Just as I was scribbling out an answer from my worksheet I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I pulled out my headphones and turned my head to see Jordan.

"Hey Jordan, what's up?"

He looked down at the scattered papers and books, "Pick up your stuff and come with me, I have to show you something."

"I'm in the middle of a herbology worksheet though." I frowned.

He picked it up and skimmed it, "I did this when I was in your year, I'll just give you the answers."

"Ugh, fine." I started picking up my books and papers.

"Come on, we don't have much time."

"I'm trying my best, Concord."

He stood there staring at the brown leather watch on his wrist.

I finally got all the papers in my folder and put away in my bag. "Okay, let's go then."

Jordan took the bag out of my hands and flung it over his back.

"Why thank you kind sir." I said jokingly as we walked out of the library.

-

"Where are you leading me?" I asked Jordan while cautiously walking up the steps.

"You've asked that nearly ten times, I'm not going to tell you, you just have to wait and see." He kept his hands held over my eyes.

We still slowly walked up the staircase for what felt like an hour straight before we finally came to a stopping point.

"Hold onto this bar on the side." Jordan softly picked up my hand and set it down on the bar. "Keep your eyes shut, okay?"

I nodded and he removed his hands from my eyes.

He opened up a door that was In front of us. "Now take my hand." He began whispering all of his words now.

"Why are we whispering?" I whispered back.

"What did I tell you? No more questions."

I sighed and he led me into the room. "Now sit down right here." Jordan rolled a chair over to me and I sat down.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"Hold up..." His footsteps, mixed with another's both ran over to the door, slamming it shut.

I quickly opened up my eyes and immediately where I was. "Jordan, I swear, if this is what I think it is-"

"Why are you in my room? And where's Serena?" My heart sank once I heard that voice.

"I don't fucking know, Cedric."

I ran over to the door and pounded on it. "Jordan If you don't let me out of here I will, will, fucking pour cement in your ears."

"Nope, you two need to figure this shit out." Jordan yelled back. "Yea, none of us can deal with the awkward tension anymore." Serena added on and their footsteps disappeared.