Chapter V

Before Octavia and I could continue this thought carousel, Bellamy opened the door to the area, and we saw Aden siting in Tara's room. He held her hand and was talking. ''Tara, I know you probably can't hear me and maybe you don't even know who I am, but the others are in the workspace. Your plan worked... Sheid... Sheidheda's fight is over. We are free from him. We haven't seen each other for months and I am like no one for you because I am just a little night blood. Not like Madi who is a night blood too but she is Clarke's daughter, I mean she is a Griffin, like... like you. I don't know maybe if you were able to hear me, you'd hate me, but you are important to me. You are my family. I mean, you know, when I became one of the night bloods Lexa trained, she and the other kids were everything I had left. When the ice nation killed every one of them, I had no one else than Lexa... I don't even know why I am telling you this. I mean, you lost your mom in Sanctum, your dad on the Ark, almost your sister because of Russel and now, you are the one we all are being scared to lose...''

Tears started falling down to my cheek. I wanted to run to Aden and make him believe that everything will be okay even though I myself wasn't sure if it would ever be. I knew how he felt... Many years ago, I was taken away from my parents by a flame keeper to become a Heda but before, I ran away, and the queen of the Ice nation found me. She treated me as a daughter but at some point, she went too far with what she wanted me to do, so I ran away again and this time, I became a citizen of Polis and then later I became commander. I knew this pain and the feeling of having no one left. I mean no child deserves to go through all of that and neither did Tara deserve to lose so much and then even get killed. If the former commanders still had some influence in fate than I was praying, praying to them to let Tara live so she could experience one day what real peace means.

I wiped my tears away, ready to go to Aden just hugging him but Bellamy pulled me back, right into his arms. I tried to escape but it didn't work and maybe it was good, that it didn't. My face was full of tears. I still wasn't over my past, and I was quite sure I would never get over it. Too much had happened. I was unable to say or do something, so I just listened to Bellamy's voice. ''No Ontari, you have to let him. He went here to have silence, so we really have to give him what he wants. Instead, we should find Lexa and tell her that Aden is okay and... '' I interrupted him, almost breaking down in tears. '' Bellamy, how? I mean we have to protect Aden. He went through so much and feels like he lost everything and will lose everything, we have to help him. I have to help him. He needs us. I need to protect him from what happened to me. He will run away never feeling home somewhere. I know his pain, I... '' My voice failed, and I realized that Bellamy and I were alone. 

Octavia and Lincoln weren't with us anymore. He held me as tight as possible, so I didn't fall, and his voice started to get really quietly and soft. ''Shhhh Ontari, everything is okay and believe me, I know how you are feeling. I was the same years ago when it came to protecting my sister. You know, we both were born on the Ark where it was only allowed to have one child. Octavia was hiding the first 16 years of her life under the floor on the Ark... when she was found, our mom had been executed and she was prisoned, with 16... being send down to earth together with Clarke, Tara, Miller, Murphy, and me. We all did little crimes some of them were just being teenagers like Murphy and like Monty while Tara and her sister were sent down here because they wanted to help their dad spread that the resources on the Ark weren't gonna last forever.

 They needed Abby because she was a doctor while their Jake Griffin was executed, and the Griffin sisters were sent down to earth with the others who formed the 100, for telling the truth. I wanted to always protect my little sister and always help her, but I couldn't... you know the bunker and everything... '' When he stopped, Bellamy was the one having tears in his eyes. I knew his pain too and he understood me wanting to protect Aden and then, I gained full trust in Bellamy and told him everything, my whole story.

When I ended, it wasn't Bellamy but Lexa who answered. She came to me and took my hand. ''Oh Ontari, I still remember when we all were searching for you... you know, Anya always tried to be a serious and unemotional commander but that evening, when you ran away, she sat on her throne, for hours and cried. She was so scared you were gone forever... I mean for her you ... you were. 

I think Anya would be proud to see you now. I wished she'd be here. She was like my mother... and in this night, I became Anya's friend and her daughter. All the other kids weren't interessted in caring for her, but I was there. Sitting on her lap listening to Anya and it helped us both. We... we had a good relation, and she was about to decide that no night bloods would get killed in the future for the conclave. She really wanted blood must have blood to stop. She was working towards peace, like you do. And Aden is My son, my family and I will do everything to reduce his pain.'' With those words, she opened the door to Tara's room and knelled in front of Aden, while Clarke and Bellamy were standing behind me.