Chapter IX

Perspective Lexa kom Trikru:

It's been a long ride. Tara was sitting in frontof me, and I held her as tight as possible. It was so good to be back in Polis.That was the place where we all belong. I heard Titus coming to us. As soon asTara stood save on the ground, he hugged her, and she smiled and so did I. Theserious, rather angry Titus was hugging Tara. 

 Weentered the Tower and I showed Tara her room. She was so impressed by it. Shetold me that she never had an own room before. So Tara sat on the bed andsmiled. I came to her and so did Aden. We were about to ask Clarke to join usplaying a card game Anya taught me when I was in Aden's age. But she shook herhead. ''Iam gonna join you later but first I need to call Madi. I really have to.'' With those words she leftTara's room and went upstairs so I started explaining the game.                                                                                                                                                                          Aden and Taraboth were really clever. They had been taught several things in their lives byteachers. WhileClarke had been trained in space to become a doctor like Abby, her sister haddecided to work on teaching children on the Ark herself but before she couldsucceed her plan, she got sent to earth for helping her dad. And Aden learnedsome things before joining the group of night bloods. The thought of them bothin a school, Tara as a teacher and Aden as a student made me smile.                                                                                                                                                                                          They would finally get peace. And Madi of course too. I knew the reason Clarke wanted to call Madi. She wanted to ask her to come home to Polis to stay with us and sadly I had a clue of Madi's answer as well. After she told Clarke and me in Bardo that we ruined her life while the only reason we did all of that was to protect her, always., she almost died because of how angry she was at that point. I was scared how Clarke would react. I hate it when someone hurts the person, I do love the most. Before I could keep on not paying attention to the game, I started playing. ''Aden do you have the card with the sword?'' It was a lot of fun, and we were so concentrated that we did not even realize who had been watching us from the door. Clarke stood there, with her blond hair and the blue pullover. She smiled but I knew it wasn't how my girlfriend really felt. I saw that she had cried before.                                                                                         

As soon as we ended the game that Tara won, I walked to Clarke to talk with her. ''Lexa, Madi... Madi wasn't there. She was outside playing football with her friend Lucas. Gaia told me that she would ask Madi to call back. I still feel like she doesn't even wanna talk with me. Like you heard... I ruined her life, I ruined Tara's life and I lost my mom. I made everything worse, and she will never forgive me, and I deserve it.'' I had no idea what I was supposed to tell her. ''Clarke, listen I know that she told you that you ruined her life, but you didn't. Believe me. She is a teenager, and she needs her time alone, but she will talk to you when she is ready, believe me.'' Clarke slightly smiled at me, and I wrapped her in my arms and kissed her. She took my hand and we sat on the ground playing. After a while Clarke really had calmed down. She enjoyed spending time with her family to the fullest and so did we all.

The day slowly come to an end. Aden, Tara, Clarke, and I sat downstairs, eating bread. We talked and laughed around all my candles. Tara enjoyed finally sitting somewhere, instead of lying in a bed, to the fullest and that really made me happy. My little sweetheart was finally recovering. Then, there was a knock on the door and Titus entered. He asked me to go upstairs for a radio call, so I left the others and went to the attic hearing the stairs creak under my feet. I opened the old wooden door and sat next to the radio. ''Lexa are you there?'' I heard Gaia's voice, so I replied. She wanted me to sit somewhere, and I started shaking. ''Lexa, I told Clarke that Madi was outside playing football because she told me that she'd do so but a few minutes ago, Lucas was here... He asked me if Madi was at home because they wanted to do something for a school project, but she lied to me. She isn't on the football field either. We tried to look for her, but she is nowhere close. We have to go and find her.'' Before Gaia could continue her sentence, I told her Clarke, and I would ride to Sanctum as quick as possible. I threw the radio away and ran downstairs. Clarke hectically came to me, and I already saw tears in her eyes. "What happened with Madi "I heard her asking. I hugged her and then told the others and as soon as I had finished talking, we already planned how to get to Sanctum this evening. A two-hour ride is possible before the sun would go down.

Perspective Tara kom Skikru:

It was around 5 pm and I was alone in the towerof Polis. Lexa and Clarke had started their ride to Sanctum a few hours ago.They took Aden with them. I am not sad about it because I really understoodtheir decicion. I mean I knew that I wouldn't be a help for them at all. OnlyTitus was here with me, but he stayed downstairs. He knew that I needed timefor myself. I slowly walked to my room and set on the bed. I thought about what todo now. So,I opened the wardrobe and had to smile. There was an old, dark brown guitar.Lexa knew that music was the key to everything for me. So, I took it and mademyself a comfortable edge on the bed and started playing. The strings were sosoft, and I was able to create a memorable melody with them. I kept playing anddidn't realize how late it already was. I only stopped when someone knocked onmy door. I immediately got scared and started shaking. I had no idea how toprotect myself since I could barely walk.