Chapter XVI

Before I could continue thinking this way, Emori started to murmur this one sentence over and over again ''the commander of light''. I started to panic. What was going on here? I was about to ask but Murphy already answered. ''Tara, nobody ever told you because you haven't been in Polis before Praimfaya but the grounders used to call you Sonheda. The commander of light. There was another commander years ago who was called Sonheda too. Legends say she was strong and brave and clever. Her name was Alexandria kom Trikru and she was Kalliope Pramfleimkepa's 14 best friend.''                                                                                                                                      Emori continued the sentence for Murphy. ''While your sister has been called Wanheda, the commander of death. Like you know. And Lexa was considered to be the commander of the darkness. Maybe it is connected to this.''

I couldn't believe what I just heard. I was Sonheda and for the first time I really felt special and important.

Just out of curiosity, I carefully took off the chain and put it next to the glowing computer. Just as I decided to put it back on, the necklace flew up and I jumped aside. Murphy caught me and I wrapped my arms around him. I was really scared.

14. Pramfleimkepa – the first Flame Keeper

A voice called out. It was very dark and reminded me of Sheidheda at first. I began to shake but Murphy stroked my back softly. ''Tara, it's not Sheidheda. I can also hear the voice and that would not happen otherwise.'' His words reassured me a little bit. I was still trembling, though.

I didn't understand what the mysterious voice was trying to tell me. My Trigedaslang was really not the best but guessing sounded like a good alternative to me. So I took a deep breath and went closer to the computer. ''Ai laik 15!'' I tried to sound as persuasive as even possible. '16 '' the voice replied. Murphy looked at me as if I had gone crazy , but I didn't care at all. "Murphy, something's missing. The voice said it's not enough and I know why. Lexa's missing. She's wearing the second necklace. She's the commander of the darkness. That is how darkness and light, space and ground unites and brings hope and makes peace possible.'' Emori came to me and gave me a hug. I didn't realize that tears were running down my face. I was the commander of light and I really seemed to have a special role. Murphy, Emori and I knew there was nothing we could do about it. Lexa was the missing piece of the puzzle, and without her, the mysterious voice wouldn't give us any further information. So we left the bunker, locked it carefully, and ran back to the tower.

Meanwhile it was shortly after midnight and I still couldn't sleep. I had too much going on in my mind. About the bunker, Becca and everything else. So I decided to sneak up to the attic again to reach someone in Sanctum with the radio. I sat down at the round, oak table and took the radio in my hand. So dearly I hoped that someone in Sanctum was still awake, even though I knew how unlikely it was. Lost in thoughts, I played with the radio in my hands when I heard a warm voice on the other end of the line. Lexa!

She seemed extremly surprised to hear my voice. ''Tara, it's almost one hour after midnight. Why are you still up? Is everything okay? Did something happen? '' I swallowed. How should I even explain to her what happened after I had no idea myself. ''Lexa, we found a bunker close to the second dawn one with a computer from Becca Pramheda and my necklace was glowing and the computer told me in grounder that one part is missing.

15. Ai laik Heda gon soncha – I am the commander of light

16. nou pleni – Not enough

You are the missing part. You have the companion piece. Why haven't you told me that some grounders used to call me Sonheda, the commander of light?'' There were so many more questions in my head that I knew, they were too many for just one radio call. I heard Lexa who took a deep breath. ''Tara, I promise, you will get all the answers soon. Madi, Lucas, Gaia and Clarke are going to stay another day in Sanctum so they do have more time to organise the future. I will take Odin and come to you as soon as I can tomorrow. I don't know much about the bunker either but together we will find it out. 

Together as heda gon soncha and Heda gon sheidas.'' I still was overwhelmed by all the new information I got in the last few hours and I wasn't so sure why I was considered to be a commander and why Lexa should be the commander of the darkness. I wished her a good night and went back to my room. The ground was cracking under my feet and I was quite sure that at least Titus would wake up, but thankfully he didn't. Back in my room, I sat down on the armchair in the corner, picked up a piece of paper and started to write a few words.

''Dear mom, I'm so sorry for everything that happened. I miss you so much, and I promise I'll try everything to make you proud. I wish you were here so I could hug you, but you're not. I love you!                                                                                                                                                                                              May we meet again In love your daughter Sonheda''

When Iput the text aside, my face was covered in tears. I missed my mother so much. Iwould have loved to tell her that I was Sonheda now and that I was finally ableto play the guitar properly. I just missed her smile and everything abouther.                                                                                My mother and I had little resemblance. My light brown hair and my facialcontours came from my father. Only my sapphire-blue eyes were from Abby. Themore I started to think about it, the more tears ran down my cheeks. How couldI do her proud? Basically, I was nobody. . Slowly I walked to the bed, laid there and directly fell asleep onlyto wake up a few minutes later. I thought about whether someone up there had alot of fun seeing me sleepless. How could I solve the riddle while being sotired? Before I could think more aboutit, I saw a person with long dark hair coming closer to my bed. At first glance, I couldn't see who it was. My eyes were still partly closed.                                                                                                                         

I would love to hear what you think about it and if you have any suggestions what I could change or improve please tell me :) 

I am thankful for any feedback :)