Part 27

Aless sat by Karl's bed.
"Nnngh... Aless?" He groaned, waking up.
She got up, and stumbled by his bed, holding his hand.

"Hi." She smiled through tears.

It had been a few days. Karl needed time to rest. It was painful, not to mention exhausting for him to mutate like that.

"Aless.. hi.." he said softly.

"Hi." She laughed gently.
He tried to sit up, but it was too painful.
"Oh, no, no, honey. Don't do that. Don't do that." She whispered, running her fingers through her hair.

"I'm sorry, Aless. You were never supposed to know. I'm so sorry." He said.

Aless shushed him.

"Look, Karl.. I don't care anymore. I love you. I've always loved you. I know this sounds cheesy but.. it's true. I want to be right here, just like this. For the rest of my life." She said.
"And I'll help you, too. Anything for you."

He smiled.
"You don't care?"
She nodded.
"I don't care. You're not a monster. Not to me."

She leaned over and gave him the most deep, passionate kiss she had ever given him.
When she pulled away gently, he looked dazed.
".... wow."
She laughed.
She sat on the side of their bed, kissing his hand and telling him how much she loved him.

///

"Heisenberg." Miranda boomed.
The two of them froze. Aless turned around.
"That was indeed a heroic move," she continued, stepping into the room. "But incredibly unnecessary. You know you are not to transform like that unless it's important."

Heisenberg sighed deeply, trying not to come off annoyed.
"Yes, Mother." He grumbled.

"I take it you two are together, now? Why didn't you tell me this before?" She asked sternly.
Both of them looked at eachother guiltily.

Miranda smiled.
"Do not worry, my children. I approve. Aless, you are welcome into our family as my son's wife."

"W-w-wife??!? Wait!! This is a misunderstanding, I'm not his wife-"

"Then why do I hear my daughters talking about 'Lady Heisenberg', hm?" Alcina walked into the room.

"Great. I didn't know we were having a party." Heisenberg groaned.

"Either way, you are still accepted into our family, wife or not." Miranda said.

Aless sighed. She squeezed Karl's hand.
She looked back at him, smiling warmly.
"Maybe one day, hey, sweetie?" She said.

Karl squeezed back.
"Definitely one day." He smiled.

He knew, somewhere in his heart, that he wanted to be with her forever. Never to leave her side. He already had come close to losing her so many times, and the way he felt then made him affirm even more now how much he loved her.

He loved her.
And he was going to do whatever it takes to keep her safe, away from the hands of Miranda.

(A/N: hello everyone!! For readers who didn't see my announcement, here it is:

Unfortunately, Aless will soon be coming to a close.
There's only a few chapters left. However, do not fear! The last few chapters will be quite long.
Also, I am thinking of making a sequel. If you're interested in that, please let me know in the comments!!

Thank you all so much for the immense support and love for Aless!! I cannot express my gratitude for each and every one of you. ❤️❤️❤️
This book means quite a lot to me. It's the first one I have ever actually finished [and I have a loooot of original concepts and stuff that I have never finished, let alone started!]. Aless is one of the first fully fleshed out characters I have ever had, accompanied with her own story.
Anyways, Thank you all so so so so much!!❤️❤️

See you soon in the next chapter!)