Part 17

Lady Dimitrescu led Aless and Karl to her dressing room, where two chairs sat. One for herself, one for Heisenberg.

"Do sit down, little brother." The tall woman gestured to the chair. Aless just meekly stood beside Heisenberg as he sat down.

"Would you like a chair, dear?" She asked Aless, who silently shook her head.

Lady Dimitrescu lost the fake smile, turning her gaze to Heisenberg.
"Now. What brings you back here, brother? I won't try to be nice just because the girl is here. I suggest you make it quick."

Heisenberg exhaled, a cloud of cigar smoke bellowing out from his mouth. He had lit a cigar when he sat down.

"Ah, yes, of course. Couldn't keep the tiger locked up for long, now, could you, Alcina?" He chuckled sarcastically.

Alcina scowled.
"What exactly is it do you want, Heisenberg?"

The man turned his head to Aless, a bit hesitant to answer Alcina's question in her presence.
"Er..."

Aless picked up what he was hinting at.

"Hey, sweetheart. I hope you don't mind, but, ah.. why don't you.. go look around for a bit?" Heisenberg asked, his voice turning sweet as sugar.

Aless nodded.
"Yes, Lord Heisenberg."
She silently left the room, the door creaking as she left.

Sighing, Heisenberg turned back to Alcina.
"Now, where were we? Ah, right-"

"If this is about the 'project' you mentioned the last time you were here, the answer is still no. I will not fund your damned project if you won't tell me what it is." Alcina interjected.

Now it was Heisenberg's turn to scowl.
His eyes flickered with annoyance.

"Fine. You want to know?" He leaned back in his chair.
"I'm taking the Cadou parasite and inserting it into cadavers. Then, I will attempt to craft a mechanical heart, which will fit into the reactor. In short, they'll be like... human robots. I will be able to control them myself, of course. They'll be used as weapons, nothing more. I don't need your money, or your support, but it would be nice."

He took another drag of his cigar before continuing.
"I have the first prototype ready. Prototype Sturm."

"Hmm." Lady Dimitrescu hummed, pondering.

"I've already told you enough. Do I really need to tell you more?" Heisenberg said, exhaling another cloud of smoke.

Alcina leaned forward.
"What are you using them for?"

Heisenberg's eyes widened underneath his tinted sunglasses, then narrowed. His jaw ticked, indicating he was beginning to grow more irritated as his patience slowly wore out.
"I'm not telling you that."

///

Aless's fingers grazed the gold intricate designs on the wall, as she was thinking to herself.
Her feet led her to the familiar library, the one where she and Heisenberg shared their.. rather intimate moment.

She stepped into the library, looking for a book to read to pass the time.
I wonder why he didn't want me in the room.