Part 12

Aless woke up. Her ears were ringing, and her head was pounding. Groaning, she sat up in the bed. It took her a moment to recognize the room she was in. Her eyes stung from all the crying she had done the night before.

She glanced around.
Her eyes fell to a white dress, similar to the one she always wore. Clean and washed of course.
"It's yours. I picked it up from the factory." A familiar murmured.
Donna walked slowly in the room and sat on the bed, putting her hand to Aless's forehead.
"Are you feeling better today?"

Aless sighed. "Not really. My head hurts."
Her heart sunk when she remembered the events of the ball. The kiss.

"Hm. Do you want me to make you some tea?" Donna asked.
"What? Oh, no. I don't want to trouble you." Aless mumbled. Her head hurt like hell.
"You're experiencing a hangover." Donna explained. "And besides, it won't be any trouble at all. It should make you feel better."
Aless sighed. "All right."
Donna left, and came back minutes later with a cup of piping hot tea.

"What happened last night?" Donna queried.
Taking a sip of the tea, Aless looked away.
"I don't want to talk about it."

"Oh, okay. I apologize, I'm not very good with interacting with other people."

"No, no no! It's okay, Donna! You did nothing wrong! It's just... Heisenberg." Aless sighed.

Donna propped up another pillow, making it comfortable enough for Aless to lean back.
"Thank you."

Aless looked down at her reflection in the tea cup, the steam warming her face.
"Whatever it is, it certainly shook up Heisenberg. I don't think I've ever seen him in the state he is now." Donna informed Aless.

"Let's not talk about it." Aless said.

She took a few more sips, until the cup was empty.
She didn't know what Donna put in that tea, but it worked wonders. Her headache was *mostly* gone.
"I think I should get up now." Aless said. Donna nodded and went to the door.
"You can do or go where you please. If you'd like, you can come make dolls with me and Angie," Donna said.

Aless smiled weakly. "I'd like that very much."

She got dressed and followed Donna into the basement. They entered into an elevator, which lead to the doll making room.

Donna pulled out a few doll pieces.
"You know, you don't have to wear the veil around me." Aless said softly. Donna looked away.
"I do. I.. I'm not the prettiest woman in the world. You wouldn't want to see my face." Donna said. Angie must have come into the room very quietly, as she suddenly hopped up onto Donna's lap and looked up at her sadly.
Aless sighed.

"It's.. okay. I don't mind. Donna, You're probably not as ugly as you think. The painting on the wall.. you're so pretty!" Aless stuttered.
Donna looked up at Aless.
"Y-you really think so?"

Aless nodded. "What reason would I have to lie?"
Donna took a deep breath.
She slowly took off the veil, revealing a large pulsating red scar covering the entire left side of her face. But that's not what Aless was focusing on.
Her right eye was a beautiful chocolate colour, and her raven black hair was tied up in a bun.
Aless smiled gently.
"You're so pretty, Donna."

Donna smiled.
"T-thank you. For not judging me. Everyone... always judged me. But you.." she trailed off.
"Donna, who cares what other people think? You're you. I think you're beautiful."