Part 2

Aless was panting. She began to slow down as she grew tired. The sounds of people behind her faded as she walked increasingly closer to the castle.
The wind whistled around her as she walked. She felt so guilty for stealing something so precious and important, especially to Miranda.
As she approached the castle entrance, she stopped. The outdoor design was absolutely beautiful and mystifying. Designs neatly carved into the door, and along the walls.
She pushed the door with all of her strength. It creaked open slowly as she entered the castle. The interior was far more beautiful, with accents of gold along the walls and beautiful paintings and vases.
Aless gasped. She'd never seen anything quite as beautiful and large as the interior of the castle.
She heard buzzing, followed by giggling behind her as she stepped into the entrance.
"What is this?" A feminine voice purred. Aless spun around.
3 girls stood behind her, flies buzzing all around them. One of them came up to her and sniffed her. Aless was frozen in fear. They had blood all over their mouths.
"Mmmm. A girl. She smells... delicious." Another one sniffed.
They circled around her, like vultures. They could sense her fear.
The one in a green necklace grabbed Aless's hand. "Come, let us show mother what we found!" She exclaimed. Another girl in a red necklace grabbed her other available hand.
Aless struggled. "L-Let me go!"
"Now, now, don't move, Mother will be very unhappy if you ran away." The last girl in a yellow necklace snarled. They sprinted into a hallway. It was like they had some kind of super speed, because they were running much faster than Aless had seen any other human run.
They pulled her away, into a bedroom.
"Mother, look what we found!" The girls exclaimed
all together.

///

A woman in a large hat and a long, white dress, was sitting down in a fancy chair. "Ah, let me see what you have brought to me, my lovely daughters" the woman hummed as the girls giggled.
The woman stood up. She was... tall. Taller than any person Aless had seen. She was certainly not human. But she looked the part.
The woman gasped. "Oh, my. A girl. So innocent and sweet-looking."
"Let her go." The lady snapped. The girls let go of Aless's wrists.
Aless stood there, a mix of shock and fear. She recognized her by one of the photos in the Altars.
"Don't be afraid, child." The woman said, grinning.
"Who.. who are you?" Aless whimpered.
The woman let out a sultry laugh.
"Why, you must be new here." The woman said.
"I...I... I used to live here.. um.. but.. umm.. I moved a-away.."
The woman kneeled down to look at Aless's pale face. She gently brushed the hair out of her face.
"I am Alcina Dimitrescu. But you are to call me 'Lady Dimitrescu'." The woman replied calmly. She gestured to the girls, who were standing around behind Aless.
"Those girls are my daughters. That's Daniela," she pointed to the girl with the green necklace, who waved , wiggling her fingers. "That's Cassandra," she pointed to the girl with the red necklace, who smiled, "and that is Bela." She pointed to the last girl.
"Now it's my turn to ask you a question, child. How in the world did you get in my castle?"
Aless gulped. Anxiety washed over her like a wave.
"I- I was just curious.. I had never been to this part of the village before.. I-"
Lady Dimitrescu chuckled. "I see."
She stood up to her full height, and looked at the girls.

///

"See to it that this girl gets her own chambers and new, warm clothes. I have my plans for her." She said, exiting the room.
"I will." Cassandra said.
"I'm the one who found her, I should do it!" Daniela protested.
"We are all responsible for her. Isn't that what Mother just said?" Bela interrupted.
The other two girls looked at Bela and sighed.
They escorted Aless to a room, which was no less fancy and intricate as the rest of the building.
"Dani will have a new outfit waiting for you soon." Cassandra said, patting the bed. "Wait here for now."
When Aless sat down, the girls.. dissolved into flies and disappeared.
Aless was absolutely petrified.

What have I gotten myself into?

(A little bit of a shorter chapter, I know, but don't worry, it's gonna get more interesting ;] )