𝟒.

❦

Walking slowly around the dealership Karter looked at all of the cars on display. She pulled her tongue piercing from side to side to soothe the anxiety that was coming over her due to Karter being so overwhelmed.

"Look, they got the new Sonata right here, Kar'." Rhys pointed out, coming to a stop so they could inspect the car. He pulled the door open, beginning to look at the interior. "Oh shit! This muhfucka' don't a gear shifter." He said, slightly shocked, running his fingers over the buttons to change gears. "It's nice. Look at it, Angelica." Stepping out of the car Rhys hiked up his slightly sagging jeans coming back to his full height.

Karter stepped in front of him to look at the car. She noticed the buttons for gear shifting and nodded, that was neat. She also really liked the mixed material of the seats—some parts were leather while others were cotton. She stood back out of the car and said "It's nice, way different from the version I had."

Rhys nodded. "Mhm. You like it?"

"Yea. If I get another Hyundai it would be that." She stated, closing the door to the vehicle.

"What other kind of car would you want?" He asked. He couldn't help but to rake his eyes over her outfit.

Karter tilted her head and thought about his question."I don't know, maybe a Malibu. I like your car too." She added, still looking into the car from its window.

Rhys smacked his lips "Awe' so you wanna copy me?" Karter just chuckled and shrugged her shoulders.

It'd been a week and some days since the whole car situation happened to Karter and she was completely over taking Ubers everywhere. She was so over it she began to ask people she knew for rides, she'd rather give them gas money than to give a whole week worth of gas money to someone for one trip.

"One thing I do know is, I need a new car." Shimmying her shorts up Karter looked around the dealership, it seemed as if all the employees were gone. "Hella empty in here." She stated as she looked around the dealership, she only saw one employee who in their office.

"Can you even fit those shorts?" Rhys asked looking at the shorts she had on, they had a slight gap around her waist.

Karters eyes floated to him. "Yes. The top just has a gap because of how my waist is. Any other questions?" She asked sarcastically while looking at him.

"What I tell you about that attitude?"

Karter began to walk away towards the exit of the dealership, she knew he'd follow. "That was a week ago...you didn't deserve it then." She told him while looking at her nails, They were in need of a fill making her frown. I need to book an appointment with my nail tech.

______

Pushing to the door to her apartment closed, Karter sighed as she placed her keys on to the small key holder she had placed on the wall.