𝟕.

❦

Bryson Tiller played lowly through the speakers of the Audi A7, as Dalys drove down the empty street. He was headed to his parent's house to discuss some things with his father. He was the only one on the road which tempted him to speed, though he didn't. He knew police officers and state troopers liked to hide in the empty private properties and pull people over. It'd happened to him.

Growing tired of the Romantic related music, Dalys tapped the screen in his car, ordering it to play the next song in line. He began to slowly bop his head as the voice of Lil Baby began to be heard. "We ain't talked in like a week straight.."

Soon he was pulling into the long driveway of the property. He put his car in park, turned the car off, and began towards the large home.

Once close enough he moved his keys around in his large hand looking for the one that belonged to the house. Once found he inserted the key, turning it. When the lock didn't move Dalys scrunched his eyebrows and sighed; the door was already unlocked.

He made his way into the home, darting his eyes between both sides of the hallway looking at the pictures on the wall. He proceeded to make his way down the foyer, leading him into the open kitchen.

He stood back watching as his mom moved her hips while looking through her refrigerator. She grabbed something and turned around to see a tall figure making her scream. She quickly pulled herself together while sending him an angry glare. Snatching the Airpod out of her ear she continued to glare at her son. "Wha' wrong wit' ya'?" She asked rhetorically, she was from Trinidad and spoke with a slight accent. Usually, she spoke in full sentences after growing accustomed to it after being in the US for so long, but Dalys scared her.

Dalys blinked before answering her question. "Nothing. I wanted you to see the results of leaving the door unlocked." He told her while pulling out a chair at the large island table. He sat down and ran his hand over the shiny Wilsonart Bahia Granite countertop.

"Not funny. You scared me."

"I see...sorry," he responded while looking at her. Her hair was pulled back in a sleek ponytail showing her glowing honey-colored face and deep brown eyes.

Opening her pre-made smoothie, Safrana turned, she decided she'd take a seat next to her son. She eyes his outfit squinting her eyes a little, he had on a navy blue Nike Sports Tech suit paired with some random Nike slides, he looked comfortable.

"Um, it's hot outside, you're not hot?" She asked, sitting in the seat.

"No. I missed you Mami." He told her with a small smile.

"So you scare me?" She asked. "I missed ya' too. If only you would stop working every day, Mami could see you."

Dalys sighed. "I don't work every day, Mami. But I work to take care of myself." He explained. Dalys felt like sometimes his parents didn't understand his main job to the fullest extent.