Chapter 30

I made an appointment at the Sexual Health Clinic an hour and a half away to get a physical, a pap test and discuss an IUD implant. I could have gone to the local doctor in town, but when it came to my sexual health I always went to the city. It wasn't that the doctors in town weren't good, if I had the flu or needed stitches they were fine to go to. Women's health issues were often difficult for the older doctors in town to be sensitive about. I had heard horror stories about them asking young women why they needed birth control if they were unmarried. Once I'd gone in for a pap test when I was twenty because I had been sexually active even without penile penetration, I had to explain to the doctor that I still should get checked out if I'd used various toys or fingers within my body. He tried to play it off that I was a hypochondriac which I found very ignorant.

After that, I heard about the Sexual Health Clinic in the city so I called them once to get some information. When I asked them about the pap test issue with my doctor the nurse on staff told me that I should still get a pap test. It was important to take care of my sexual health no matter what toys or body parts I used, that my concerns were valid. I made an appointment that day and I'd been going to see Cindy at the clinic ever since. She was great, she offered me lots of valuable information and whenever I had a question she made the time to take my call.

The clinic was a busy place so I had to book in two weeks from the day I called. I was a bit bummed out that I couldn't get in earlier, but I took the appointment anyway. I'd called on my break, so after I got off the phone I went to Trevor to fill out a day off request. I selected a medical appointment for the reason for the request and headed over to the slot. Trevor happened to come out of his office just as I was dropping the paper, he offered me a friendly smile and took the paper from my hand.

"Medical appointment? I hope you are alright." he said, sounding a little concerned.

I shook my head, "Everything this fine, it's just a physical." Trevor nodded, "Do you really need the whole day for that then?" I bit my lower lip before I answered, "Actually, I got to a doctor in the city. I've been going to them for years so... I have to drive."

He looked at me for a moment before he bit his lip and looked around to see if anyone was near us. Trevor reached out and touched my arm, "Come with me." I cocked my head to the side and followed him into his office. He shut the door behind us and turned to me. He ran his fingers across my arm and looked into my face, "So, I was wondering if you wanted to get a drink tonight?"

I blinked a couple of times before it sunk into my brain that Trevor was asking me out on a date. I smiled awkwardly and swallowed hard, I finally managed to say, "Sorry, but I can't. I've got a boyfriend." His face fell a little as he pulled his hand back from my arm. Trevor took a step back from me and nodded, "I see, well I guess I waited too long."

I felt my face blush slightly as I tucked my hair behind my ears. I offered him a kind smile, "I have to admit, I've always had a crush on you though, so if you had asked me a few months ago I would have said yes."

Trevor sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He nodded and smiled, "Timing is everything isn't it?" I shrugged and moved toward the door. He cleared his throat and moved closer behind me, "If you ever find yourself single again, you should give me a call." I smiled to myself and nodded. I left his office without another word and went back to work.

All afternoon I went back and forth on whether or not I should tell Zack about Trevor. I knew he wasn't particularly possessive but since I had put sex on the table I sensed that Zack might take things a bit differently. He told me his feelings about us having sex, how in his mind it meant we were very serious. Since we were leading up to it I was afraid he would become jealous and upset. I'd always been interested in Trevor, he was handsome and funny. We got along very well, ever since I'd started working at the factory.