022 [E]

AYLA

It has been 3 days since my "little" encounter with Vince. He's tried to reach me a lot of times but every time he tried to, either it was technological or in person, I ignored everyone of his attempts and I guess you could say the tables have turned.

It was obvious that he was still mad about the whole Oliver thing which I just can't deal with that right now.

Especially because work is overpowering me. The amount of calls, contracts, meetings I've had this week is unbelievable.

I couldn't even get a minute to myself without the damn phone ringing.

Ever since this whole ball/ dinner was introduced to us and our employees, everyone has been going around trying to set it up.

Basically work is hectic and it's slowly eating me up.

I sighed and pushed away from my desk. I just finished a very frustrating conversation with a CEO of some company in Japan.

The man just didn't consider anything I said and it resulted in me trying not to snap at him and say something rude.

I don't know what kind of boss people would think I am if I called him a jackass- especially my father.

I snapped my head towards my phone where I was getting a call, Speaking of the devil.

" father," I blankly said while messaging my temple with my free hand. " oh great Ayla!" I already knew by his unusual happy tone that he wanted something.

"what do you want?" I asked him trying to figure out what he could possibly want. I don't have much to offer him so I don't know what he could possibly be calling me for.

" Since the dinner is around the corner and you don't have a date," he replied, his tone still nerve racking to me.

" I thought it would be great if you went with Vince. I mean, especially because you're both merging companies and it would be odd if both of you showed up separately." I completely stopped listening after he said the first sentence.

He had to be kidding right? He surely knows that Vince and I aren't in the happy terms right now.

I'm almost 100% sure everyone noticed the heavy tension when we were together. Especially Alex, which he made sure to pounce on me to ask about it.

I didn't tell him Vince spanked me or anything intimate that happened. I only told him that he showed up unannounced and we had a "civil" conversation.

" dad-" I began to say but he cut me off, " Ayla, I have already made up my mind. Plus Vince agrees with me." He said and I can imagine the shrug he was probably doing.

Anger fueled inside of me and I just had the urge to yell at Vince and even better-him.

It amazes me how Vince's opinion matters more than mine. He asked Vince first for approvement and if Vince had said no, my father would've listened.

" Alright dad." I sighed, not in the mood to argue or talk to anyone at the moment. All I want right now, is to go home, call Alex so we can have some girl time and relax in the jacuzzi while we gossip and talk about boys.

" great! I'll see you soon, goodbye." The line went blank meaning that he had hung up.

I shook my head and stashed my phone back into my purse. For the rest of the day, I will not be touching or looking at my phone.

That phone will ruin more than I think it can.

~•~
" Im so glad you called me, you have no ideas of how much I needed this." Alex sighed as he positioned himself back on the jacuzzi while sipping on his 2nd glass of wine.

I groaned and nodded in agreement as I also laid back and enjoyed the bubbles as it hit my back.

Steam was going around everywhere and for most people it's suffocating and unpleasant , but for me it brings a sense of peace.

" god, work was so stressful," I complained while tilting my head to the side to look at him. His head was thrown back, his eyes were closed. No doubt thinking about dick.

" ugh same, I have this new customer I'm working with and he's so annoying. Like He can't make up his goddamn mind about what he wants," he whines still keeping his eyes closed.

" tell me about it, I deal with men like that for a living." I lightly laugh while gulping down the rest of my drink.

" so," he said while sitting up a little bit. I opened one eye to look at him in curiosity. " how's it going with guy who's name we shall not say?" He says after struggling with his words.

I just close my eyes again and think about it.

How's it really going? I wouldn't know considering I've been ignoring him. All I know is that I'm a coward and he's.. still incredibly sexy- there's no denying that.

" well let's see... I've been avoiding him, he's been trying to reach me, but I just can't talk to him you know? Like after he spanked me that day I just-" his gasp made me quickly shut up.

When the realization of what I said just hit me, I wanted to slap the shit out of myself and cut my tongue off.

" fuck!" I curse silently to myself.

" oh my god!!! He Spanked you!?! So he's like, Christian grey?" He squealed And he just kept on asking me things without pausing to let me give an explanation.

" oh god! That's why you couldn't sit when we went out to eat!" He realized, gasping for the millionth time.

" Jesus calm down.." I roll my eyes and sit up straight. I run a hand over my face and wipe off the water.

" AND you didn't tell me the juiciest part?! Do you even know who I am? I'm the biggest whore for juicy shit." He dreamily looked up at the sky, and I think I know what he's imagining.

"tell me everything, Especially the details," He shrieks while scooting closer to me.

Oh god.