Allium flowers (Stress x Iskall)

Requested by @Whxmsii_

Set in season 8

Flowers.

The vines crawling up their throat.

Coughing in the darkness as petals and blood spewed out of Iskall's throat, Etho softly rubbing the Swede's back to try and make the pain a little bit easier.

"You gotta tell her," the Canadian said softly as the flow of flowers and vines began to slow, Iskall struggling to steady their shaking breathing.

"Xisuma can't keep this a secret for much longer, and neither can you! I found out about this the first day that we made a base together, meaning the other hermits have to find out sooner or later.."

"I-I know, I kn—" Iskall was interrupted by another wave of purple flowers crawling up his throat, petals, blood, and vines choking out of the Swede's mouth. Purple allium flowers stained with blood and saliva sat at the bottom of the trash can that Iskall had been holding, which was beginning to fill up quickly.

"Let's get you back to bed." Etho said, helping the Swede stand, despite their shaking legs. Iskall had been throwing up in the storage room of the two's base, with the Canadian finding them after who knows how long.

Blood stained Iskall's clothes, they hadn't changed in some time, it took too much strength that the Swede didn't have. A bit of blood and petals dripped out of their mouth, Iskall wiping it on their sleeve as they desperately gasped for breath.

"I'm going to get X," Etho said as he helped Iskall crawl into bed, placing the bucket on the bedside table, incase they needed it. "Just stay here and rest up."

When Etho was out of sight, Iskall sat up, groaning in pain as they did so. The redstoner lifted up their shirt, revealing vines that were growling all around their torso. There was a single flower, right over Iskall's heart. It would've been cute if the vines didn't hurt so much.

The Canadian knew about Iskall throwing up flowers, they just weren't aware of the vines growing over the Swede's arms, legs, and torso. Yet another reason they hadn't changed, Iskall wanted to keep the vines as well-hidden as they could.

Xisuma was the only person who knew the extent of the disease that Iskall had been suffering from. The admin wasn't quite sure what to do about the rapidly-growing vines, but he knew that if Iskall didn't confess their love to Stress, the hanahaki disease would eat away at the Swede.

Iskall flinched as they felt the vines crawl across their skin, the thorns on the plants drawing blood as they dug into the Swede's arms. They looked down at their hands, vines crawling down Iskall's wrist and curling around their fingers.

They reached for the drawer in the nightstand beside their bed, empty potion bottles gathering dust. Iskall pulled out the three remaining healing potions, chugging one after the other to try and feel better.

The potions numbed the pain and slowed the spread of the vines, but Iskall knew that it wouldn't help for long. The Swede groaned as they stood up, digging through the drawer to pull out a pair of old gloves to cover the vines.

"Iskooool? You here?" Stress called, knocking on the Swede's door. Vines and flowers tickled their throat as Iskall heard the brunette's voice, the redstoner slightly choking as they fought back the blooming plants.

"Etho told me you weren't feelin' well, so I made you some soup!" She said, causing Iskall to grab the trash can to relieve the thorny vines from their throat.