Escaping relationships - 1 (Mumbo x Hels)

Set in season seven/eight

Yes I have a problem with Helsbo I promise I'll start writing requests again

Season seven was when it started.

Grian began to show his true colors.

Mumbo didn't know that his friend could be such a...maniac. Clingy, obsessive, violent towards anyone who spoke to the redstoner. The mustached hermit didn't even notice the behavior until Iskall pointed it out to him.

By then, it was already too late.

Grian had already sunk his claws into his prey.

"Mumbo, sweetheart, I'm home!"

The Brit dreaded the sound of his boyfriend's voice, his gaze quickly shifting towards the ground as he heard the door to his workplace open.

Mumbo didn't get to live in his mega base. Not anymore, at least. Grian insisted that he live at the mansion, and the redstoner couldn't bring himself to ever say no to the strawberry blonde. He had a little workshop where he could play with redstone, it felt like his only safe place.

"How's my favorite redstoner doing?" The builder asked as he came up behind the mustached hermit, littering kisses onto his neck. He managed to wear a strained smile as he glanced towards Grian.

"I'm doing great, dear." Mumbo lied, sadness in his eyes as he spoke. Grian frowned at the answer.

"You're lying. You know I don't like it when you lie to me."

"I-I know. I'm s-sorry.." The mustached hermit managed to stutter.

Grian stepped a bit closer, holding onto the collar of Mumbo's white shirt. "Am I doing something wrong? Am I too clingy? Do I scare you? Tell me so I can fix it."

Nervously, the redstoner shook his head. "N-no! You're per-perfect!"

A sly grin spread across the builder's face. "That's what I like to hear." He said while pushing his lips against Mumbo, who didn't fight or resist.

"E-erm, Gri...?" The taller male asked, getting a slight 'hm?' from his boyfriend in response.

"I-I was wondering if I could go out and see Iskall. I think they're starting to worry about me.." Mumbo said, which caused Grian to stop kissing the redstoner's neck.

"Do I need to teach you again? I already told you, none of the hermits matter, only I do. Am I clear? Or do you need a bit more time in the closet to think about how much you love me?"

Mumbo shuttered at the thought, but he reluctantly shook his head. "N-no. I understand."

"I don't think you do." He said, the builder's eyes cold with no mercy. Mumbo's stomach twisted into knots as Grian snatched his wrist, tugging him towards a door in the redstoner's workshop.

Shoving Mumbo into the cramped closet, Grian gave a warm smile to his boyfriend. "You know why I keep you here: the world is so cruel—it'll ruin you. But don't worry about being in here, I'll be back for you." He said, the taller male nodding as he glanced towards the floor.

"Y-yes, of course dear.." Mumbo stuttered weakly, the closet door squeaking as it shut, locking the Brit in darkness.

He sat down on the floor, bringing his knees to his chest. Mumbo knew he deserved this, he needed to learn. Whatever Grian said was right, that's what the redstoner told himself, anyway. It was easier to submit and listen to his boyfriend, rather than try and fight.