Possessed - 1

It started with Mumbo. He was the first to experience the strange voice in the back of his mind.

Most days it was ignored, or simply forgotten due to it's silence. The redstoner tried to say that he was simply exhausted, maybe he was imagining things, but that changed rather quickly. Soon enough, there was a terrible aching in his back, with feathers as black as ink beginning to tear through his skin. It would have been easy enough to hide, though they began to grow around his ears and cheeks later on.

Things had been odd for Iskall as well. They had a similar voice inside of their head, which had appeared only a few days after Mumbo's voice.

Similar to what the tall Brit was experiencing, the voice didn't speak very often. The occasional whisper or temptations in the very back of their mind, though it was simple enough to tune out throughout the day. At night, however, things were different. There was nightmares, horrors in their dreams that seemed to return night. And when morning finally arrived to free them, Iskall would awaken to their body being overgrown by small vines or plants.

Grian was the last to experience strange effects. He never had a voice inside of his head, though something definitely felt odd. Unlike the two other hermits, the builder was stuck with a migraine that wouldn't cease.

Each day it grew worse and worse, sometimes even causing the room to spin or things to go blurry for a couple moments. Even though the effects started slower for Grian, they were quick to expand. While it took a few short weeks for larger effects to impact Mumbo and Iskall, it took the short Brit only a few days to manifest. It caused ink to leak out of his eyes, almost like tears. They would stain the builder's cheeks with black, which burned as it slowly trailed down his cheeks.

It wasn't hard to catch each other with these strange new features. The three had met up for an architect meeting and things eventually came out. By this point, these transformations had began to grow and spread too quickly, making it difficult to hide whatever was happening to them. They shared everything that had happened, from the voices in their heads to the changes they were experiencing.

After that, things only continued to worsen.

"We need to tell someone. X, Doc, anyone who might be able to help us. Things are getting worse, guys!"

"Calm down, Grian...We don't need to tell anyone yet. We can still figure things out!" Mumbo assured the shorter Brit, though his deep chocolate eyes were filled with horror and anxiety.

"He's right." Iskall sighed in defeat, shaking their head. "We could get dissected by those Area 77 guys. And X would ban us if we're a large threat to the server. For now, we need to figure things out on our own."

"But they're stronger now. We might not be able to come back to control of ourselves.." Grian worried aloud, tugging and playing with the sleeves of his crimson sweater.

"I know you're worried." The redstoner sighed, taking a seat on the floor next to the builder. "But we can't risk hurting anyone. This...this is the only solution we have so far."

"Locking ourselves in a prison? That's the best we could come up with?" He snapped.

"Okay, it's not the best." The Swede agreed, "But it's far from everyone else and it'll keep those monsters trapped in here."