To Make a Sword

"Wait!" Sorsa raised her voice above the crowd of people she was walking through. They parted for her, and she almost ran into Morn. "How can you make a sword out of a dragon egg? They're the hardest substance in the world!" 

        "That is an excellent question. Follow me," was Morn's reply. Sorsa followed Morn closely as they walked quickly through the busy camp. Tomorrow, they would be leaving this camp site and heading for the next town. There was a lot of preparation that went into moving about 100 people from one place to another. The animals had to be secured in their transportable boxes (so that people didn't freak out seeing a tiger out side of a cage). The people had to gather all of their belongings into one bag or box. 

        The pouch containing the bright white dragon egg shards grew hotter in Sorsa's hand as they got closer to the edge of the camp. "Morn, where are we going?" 

        "To find Airn." 

        "Why didn't you just ask me to call him?" 

        Morn stopped. He had a look of pure disgust on his face; like he had smelled rotten eggs. All at once the right hand of his palm hit the very center of his face. Sorsa took a step back. She'd never seen Morn, or any other elf, do this before. 

        "Of course, why didn't I think of that the first time?" Morn mumbled to himself. "Yes, would you please call Airn? And tell him to bring Lien with him please." 

        Sorsa didn't want to make him face-palm again, that had been disturbing, with another question, so she did as he asked. Airn!! she called. 

        Yes! What is it!?

        Will you and Lien meet Morn and me at the big tent, please?

        Yes. 

        "Morn, Airn said he'd meet us at that big tent with Lien." 

        "Good. We should head there then," Morn answered. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

         "Answers, now," Sorsa ordered as Airn and Lien landed next to them in front of the big tent. Joel, who had been helping Dan Burr with the check off list, came over to the group after hearing Sorsa's demand. 

        "What's going on, Morn?" Joel asked fiercely. She was incredibly loyal to her friends and those she was close to; even to a fault. As this happened, the camp continued to go one in its hustle to get everything ready to move. 

        Morn looked over at Joel, "My apologies, but this is for Sorsa's ears only. You may not listen to this conversation." 

        Joel was very displeased. She was one of the managers of this camp and therefore whatever was inside the borders of this camp was her business. She also didn't appreciate it when people kept secrets from her. Elves were no exception. She gave Morn her glare that normally forced people to tell her whatever she wanted and told him, "Whatever is so important for Sorsa's well being you can say in front of me!" 

        "No, I'm afraid that is not possible." 

        "Oh, it's possible. You simply being too stubborn to share this 'sacred secret!'"

        Tamarack, Briars, and Diece, having heard the expanding argument, came over the small group of five to find out what Morn was refusing to tell Joel. "Morn, what's going on?" Tamarack asked calmly. 

        Joel answered before Morn could open his mouth, "Morn is keeping secret's. Anything that Sorsa can hear, I should be able to hear as well."