Missing

The arrows had stopped coming now. The only arrows left were the cloud behind them. Lien continued flying, Morn turned around in the saddle. Focusing on the arrows behind him, he released the energy he’d been building in a spell. 

The arrows glowed an emerald green, and every arrow started to come closer to each other. They began to look like they were melting. The arrows came together, and after a few minutes, formed one extremely large arrow. It continued to follow them, but now it was just one arrow instead of thousands. The arrow continued to glow the emerald green. 

Morn stretched out his arm, hand vertical with the fingers pressed tightly together. He gritted his teeth in concentration and started to spread his fingers apart slowly. This was difficult as it was as if they were fused together. As if following his movement, the arrow started to split into extremely small particles. They spread out farther form each other as Morn’s fingers became farther apart. When they reached a certain point, and his fingers couldn’t spread out anymore, morn forced his arm forward. 

The particles in the air began to glow brighter. They began to transform, and then the glowing stopped. What was left were small green leaves. Morn put his arm down, and the leaves fell to the earth. The arrows were gone.

Morn turned in the saddle and slumped. He was really tired now. It’s done, asked Lien.

Yes. Let’s go get Sorsa and Airn.

Lien landed in a clearing and Morn jumped out of the saddle. Sorsa, he called out with his thoughts, Airn! Lien did the same. Nothing. After a while, they flew over the forest in search of a white dragon and a brown haired girl; still nothing. I saw something in that clearing over there, Lien stated. Let’s land.

The couple landed in the clearing and found soldiers. The soldiers were all knocked out cold or dead. They were stuck with arrows, their own arrows! Lien and Morn looked around the clearing trying to find any sign of Airn or Sorsa, besides the soldiers. Morn spotted a large piece of brown cloth. It was worn, and matched Sorsa’s dress. Sorsa has been here, Morn stated. But where did she go!?

Morn walked over the Lien and was about to mount her when he heard a rustling of leaves behind him. He drew his sword and whirled around. Behind them were three figures in black cloaks. Morn couldn’t see anything of the beings except for their mouths. Just normal human lips, but with extremely pale skin around them. 

“We know what happened,” the middle figure said, “Allow us to help you; old friend.”

A.N. Sorry for the short chapter after a long wait for an update. I've been focusing on my other book and these next few chapters have been hard to think of. Things have been getting in the way of my creativity! Enjoy reading!!!

READ, COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW!!!!!! Thanks :D

your favorite red dog