Advice and Closure

"So that's my dilemma, " Sorsa told Joel. Sitting at the top of a redwood tree that towered over everything else in the forest, they had been discussing Sorsa's trouble with elves for hours, plus more. "What should I do?"

        Joel looked thoughtful for a moment. She had a look of puzzlement on her face, but the look of death in her eyes. Her lips tightened. The tree continued to sway as the wind got heavier. They were sitting hundreds of feet in the air. Joel had been slightly hesitant to climb this giant tree when Sorsa had first suggested it. As children they had climbed every tree in the forest that had surrounded their gypsy camp. It had been a favorite activity of theirs. 

        Joel would have been fine with any other tree. The others were to thin at the top to climb, so there was no worry about going all the way to the top because there was no way to make it without breaking branches off. This tree, however, was the tallest red wood in the forest. Its very top branches were as wide as a bench and twice as thick. They had started very early in the morning after an early breakfast. They took lunch with them. Throughout the day they had climbed the tree, taking breaks every once in a while. It had been a hard, steep climb, and as they got closer to the top Joel had become concerned about someone falling. If one of them fell there would be no possible way to catch the other person. Despite this obvious problem, Sorsa had sworn that they would not fall, and if they did she would catch them. Whatever that meant......

        Joel turned to Sorsa, "I believe you should give them the lecture of their lives." She smiled.

         Sorsa turned her head to face the wind. She closed her eyes and felt it blow her hair back. Joel found this curious because it was quite annoying to have a constant cold wind blown into her face, but Sorsa enjoyed it immensely. She heard whispers in the wind, telling her stories and sharing news and memories. She could hear them, no one else could; unless they were from the Air tribe or Airn. 

        Another reason Joel thought this was curious was because it had gotten dramatically colder since they had gotten to the top of the tree. The day had started out so sunny and bright. Once they had started talking, the day had slowly gotten more and more cloudy. The wind had gotten much colder. Although Joel didn't much like the cold, she had a jacket that could take car of that for her. In all honesty, she would rather be cold than hot because, in the end, she could do something bout the cold.

        Sorsa murmured, "I don't know if I could do that."  Joel was stunned.

        "Of course you can," she answered.

        "No. I don't think I can." 

        "Why!?"

        "They didn't really do anything wrong."

        Joel's eyebrows arched and her lips tightened in slightly annoyance. "Look, I've seen your act every night you performed it. No, I had no idea it was you. But I've seen what happens. Every night you have a look of terror and then pure anger on your face. They deserve a chewing out!!"

        From below came a sound that only enraged the girls further. "Sorsa! Joel! What are you doing up there!? Come down immediately!!" Tamarack's voice rose up from the ground. 

        "Now they're even telling you what to do!!" Joel told Sorsa. Sorsa's face turned a deep read taht made her look sinister with her pitch black hair and blood red lips. Anger burned in her eyes like a bon fire.

        Before the two women could respond, the tree slowly started sinking towards the ground. Morn was using his magic to bring them and this majestic tree to ground level. This caused Sorsa's anger to turn into a forest fire of mass destruction. He was seriously taking her out of her element!! Did the elves really believe she couldn't take care of herself!?! Or even climb a tree without falling!?! Joel was correct, those elves were going to get the lecture of their lives.