Chapter 23: Loss of Memory

Bella’s POV

It was almost an hour before Carlisle came out in scrubs, pulling off a sanitation mask. Renesmee as leaning on Edwards shoulder asleep when he shook her awake, her eyes quickly opening at what was happening and relaxing as she realized it only Edward who had woken her. We all stood up in anticipation.

“Well?” I asked, waving my hands.

Carlisle took an un-needed sigh, I was getting annoyed that he wasn’t answering me, “The Surgery was successful, and she had to have sixty-five stitches on the back of her skull but I think she’ll make a full recovery.”

I silently thanked God, for hearing this. Amanda was going to make a full recovery from this incident, “When can we see her? Where is she?”

“Right now she is sleeping off the anesthetics, she should be awake within a few hours. She’s in the Children’s Nicu, only family or siblings of the child are aloud in there.” Carlisle Stated, removing his cap.

“Can we see her?” Edward inquired, standing behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

Carlisle nodded, and gestured us to follow him, all of us starting walking with him. He stepped into the elevator as well did and took us to the Nicu, “There I something you should know.” Carlisle says, stepping out of the elevator.

“And what’s that Carlisle?” I asked him, walking beside Edward, wrapping my arm around Renesmee’s shoulder and her leaning into me.

“She may have temporary memory loss.”

I almost stopped in my tracks at the words, but I quickly ran in front of him, “what do you mean temporary?”

He carefully out his hands on my shoulders, and turned me around so he facing the others, ” I mean that for a couple of days…she may not know who any of us are.”

“What?” I asked stunned by the answer Carlisle had given me.

“What else do you mean?” Alice asked stepping up next to me.

Carlisle took yet another un-needed breathe, “I mean Amanda will not be able to remember use, or passed experiences. I hate to say but she may not even remember her own name.”

I covered my mouth, this can’t be happening. He’s saying that Amanda, my and Edward’s daughter, wouldn’t be able to remember nothing?

“No, no, no!” I grieved, covering my face in my hands. I felt arms wrap around me and just by the smell I knew it was Edward comforting me.

“When can we see her?” I heard him mumble.

“Now if you want, if she wakes up I advise you to take everything slow.” Carlisle said, moving his hands, “We don’t her freaking out on anything.”

Edward motioned me forward, “She’s right through there.” He murmured to me, I guessed he read Carlisle’s thoughts I nodded and started walking. I went to the open door to see my little Amanda lying in white bed, with something stuck on her index finger possibly to monitor her heart with. 

“Oh, my baby.” I cried out, I wanted to touch her, to hold her in my arms. But I was to scared that I would break her, so I just carefully caressed her forehead.

You could barely see it but I could notice the back of her head was shaved, I gasped, “Why is her head shaved?”

“We had to shave her head to stitch her up.” Carlisle said in a matter of fact tone.

I sighed in relief that it would most likely grow back, I noticed Edward come to the other side of the bed taking ahold of her small hand, and I saw Renesmee sit down in a chair next to the bed.

“Is she gonna be ok?” She asked.

I looked at her and saw sadness in her eyes; I could see she felt sorry for her sister, “Yeah, she’ll be just fine Nessie.” Edward soothed her.

“Um, just a fare warning, Alec is coming in about five seconds.” Carlisle said in a tense voice, I immediately looked over at him and walked over to the door to see Alec almost walk into the door dressed in all black, I stopped him before he could even come into the room.

“Let me see her.” Alec said in a menacing tone, but I wasn’t taking it.

“You are going any where near her,” My arms got the better of me and I pinned him up against the wall, “you are reason my daughter is in the hospital in the first place.”

“You can’t do that Bella.” He says enraged, trying to push me off, but I was stronger then him at this point.

“If it concerns her or Renesmee I can and will do whatever it takes to protect them.” I snapped at him, letting go of the scruff of his shirt.

He fixed his shirt, and growled at me, “You will let me see her, weather you like it or not.”

With that said he took one last look behind me, no doubt checking on sleeping Mandy, and left, I huffed a sigh went back to my daughters bed, “ I’ll be right back.” Edward said suddenly, and stood up walking out the door.

I nodded to him, not really caring where he was going I just started caressing Amanda’s head again, “Hush-a-bye, don’t you cry, go to sleep my little baby.” I started to sing to her, Esme had found a small book of songs and given to her as a birthday present. All The Pretty Little was Amanda’s favorite song out of the book.

“Black and bay, dapple and grey,

Coach and six little horses.”

A/N

Not the best name for the chapter but enjoy! :)