Chapter 25: New Understandings

Bella's POV

I was sitting on the hard chairs in Amanda hospital room; She had been asleep most of the night, since she was admitted yesterday at mid-afternoon. It was almost five in the morning and only me, Edward and Renesmee were in the room with Amanda. She hadn't yet woken up but every now and then she would stir in her sleep.

We all heard the door open to the hospital room, and looked to see Carlisle, Alice and Jasper. Carlisle had a hopeful look upon his face and Alice and Jasper seemed very pleased to be here.

"Good morning." Carlisle greeted us as he went over to the monitor that was keeping track Mandy's heartbeat.

"Morning Carlisle." Edward and me said quietly, not wanting to wake Amanda nor Renesmee, earlier last night Carlisle had one of the nurses bring in a cot for her to sleep on.

"She should be waking up here in about two hours." Carlisle said cheerfully.

I nodded at his answer, not taking my eyes off my daughter, I heard Carlisle take un-needed sigh, "Don't say it Carlisle." Edward grumbled.

I finally took my eyes off of Amanda, and looked between Edward and Carlisle, "Don't say what?"

He frowned at the both of us, "You both need to feed." I automatically shook my head, "Bella when was the last time you went hunting?"

"I'm fine," I stated to him. Even though I was very hungry I wasn't going to leave this room until my daughter awoke.

"Check your eyes." Carlisle expressed, pointing to the bathroom that was in the room.

"Since when are you the boss of me?" I snapped at him, standing up, Edward soon joined me and took ahold of my arms.

"Bella he might have a point, you're losing the gold tint." Edward persuaded, but it wasn't working, I wasn't going anywhere.

"I'm not leaving."

"Bella, don't you think that when Amanda wakes, she would like to see her mom the way she usually see's her," Alice tried convincing me again, "without the red eyes."

What Alice said did have a point, I guess I did need to go hunt, and I also didn't want Mandy to get scared when she saw me. So with that being thought I finally gave in.

"Ok, but call us if she wakes up," I pointed to all three of them, "Ok?"

All three of them nodded in agreement, I looked over at Edward who had now let go of my arms and was attempting to wake Nessie up no doubt to go hunting with us.

Once she was up and out of the cot, we all walked out the door, just as I was about to walk out after Edward and Renesmee I stopped in front of Jasper, "You didn't did you?"

He looked apprehensive for a moment, "Well you did change your mind on your own, and so I'm going to say no."

"Good, I hate it when you do that." I murmured to him as I walked past him.

I overheard Edward say, "Don't we all." I smiled, grabbing his hand.

"Am I," Nessie started to say but was cut off by yawn that escaped her, "Not going to school today?"

"Not likely sweetie." Edward said, laying an arm on her shoulder, which she gladly leaned into.

"Weird, I'm missing my second day of school." She mumbled.

I smiled, but didn't say anything as we got outside to the car that Esme had left for us, it was bit cold out but I barely noticed.

"We should be back around 7:30." Edward said to us as he pulled out of the parking lot and headed home.